RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something stirs far beneath the waves this release day. A horror beyond imagining... but let's imagine it anyway!

The Mythos Reawakening pack from PVGames brings the horror of the famed Cthulhu Mythos directly to your game! 53 Tile Sheets, 27 Large Tile Assets, 140 Premade Buildings, 10 Animated Tile Sheets, 12 horrific monsters, 6 background images, 24 unique characters, and 12 preconstructed rooms ready to bring the eerie feel of the unknown to your players.

The Mythos Reawakening pack also matches the extensive Medieval MV series from PVGames as well, so you can pair the rise of Cthulhu with some old castles or even have Cthulhu's awakening in the 1300s, a unique take on the Mythos!

Learn more in the RPG Maker Web Store, or on Steam!

And to finish off our release day, let's take a look at our Deal of the Week! 50% off Survival Horror Music Megapack vol.2 until next Thursday!

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I had the feeling that it would be released today! Awesome!

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not to be confused by my actual RPG named Mythos. All these people suddenly want to use the name...good grief.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bought and cannot wait to think of some way to use it ^_^

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@OmnislashXX - Mythos the game came out around October 2014. Mythos, the first resource pack I made with the name, came out about a year earlier in October of 2013 (these dates are the Steam release dates, I know they were probably both finished and released elsewhere prior to this). In fact, Mythos the game uses the resources from my first Mythos pack! :)

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I knew something wasn't right when I woke up today. I had this feeling, that something...

Cheers Jesse! The old Mythos pack was for sure one of my favorite resources I used on RPG-Maker and I also loved Mythos the beginning and Ash. Both games from where I got a lot of inspirations for my own projects. Can't wait for games created with these new tiles! Great Release!!!

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still naming my game Mythos. I looked that name up before committing to it. Did not see any game called that anywhere.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm still naming my game Mythos. I looked that name up before committing to it. Did not see any game called that anywhere.
There are many games who share the same name, I think if you dont use some unique name like Final Fantasy, it should be ok.

winkr7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Chess and Cheese almost have the same name.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@winkr7 And the relevance to this thread of that observation is...?

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's no reason why games can't have similar names, as long as they don't infringe on any copyrights or anything :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach