New Releases: 3 New TOKIWA GRAPHICS packs + 8Bit RPG ME Perfect Collection!

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by RPGMakerWeb, Jun 14, 2019.

1. RPGMakerWeb

RPGMakerWeb Admin Staff Member Veteran

First Language:
    RPG Maker
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another release day is here, and this one is HUGE! We don't just have 1 pack. We don't even have just 2 packs? 3 packs? No, we have 4 brand new packs for our release day!

[​IMG]

Making up the bulk of today's releases, TOKIWA GRAPHICS has 3 new packs for us today! TOKIWA GRAPHICS Giant Monsters Pack No.1 is the first one we will look at today. This pack will bring 4 giant boss monsters to your game: The Orc, The Manticore, The Kerberos, and The Wraith. All 4 include 4 variations of sideview battler, and 2 variations of walking sprite!

Read more on the RPG Maker Web Store and on Steam.

[​IMG]

Second up from TOKIWA GRAPHICS, TOKIWA GRAPHICS Event BG No.1 Blacksmith/Tool Shop! Perfect for adding a little flair to the conversations in certain locations, this pack has two backgrounds for use in events, the Blacksmith, and the Tool Shop. Each comes in 4 variations for time of day.

[​IMG]
    And to finish up our packs from the group, TOKIWA GRAPHICS Event BG No.2 Inn! Some more town backgrounds for your game! This time at the Inn. Two images, the common room, and a inn bedroom, again, with 4 variations for time of day!

[​IMG]

And to round out our releases for today with a bit of sound, from TK.Projects, the 8Bit RPG ME Perfect Collection. 100 Music Effects in all of their chiptune glory. With true to the era synthesizer sounds, this pack will transport your players back to the 80s!

And for our Deal of the Week, let's continue to make our way around town with the Medieval: Town Bundle for 50% off!

[​IMG]

2. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I first saw the 8bit RPG ME banner, I thought it said sh*t RPG ME. lol.

Anyway, I really like the new monster sprites. :)

Marsigne and Owltears like this.
  3. mathmaster74

mathmaster74 just...John Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @The Stranger OMG me too! :eek: Well...at least I wasn't the only one. :rolleyes: In my case, I'm impressed with just what you can see of these BGs in the ad banners even! :smile:

EDIT: I took a look at the Tokiwa Backgrounds and I'm confused about the licensing rights/usage permissions. It shows this: Usage.png
    Does that mean no commercial use at all and use in Maker only, or that commercial use is okay but in "Maker only"? The logo seems to imply the first with its stamp out icon and words seen together, but seems to say something more like the second in its words alone where the stamp out could be taken as "some commercial restrictions may apply". The site doesn't elaborate on this point, either. I found another site (not Tokiwa) that showed this:
    Usage.png
    That's more clear, but it added to my uncertainty about the first logo. Could someone at ReStaff please clarify for me? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Marsigne, xein and The Stranger like this.
  4. OmnislashXX

OmnislashXX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tokiwa makes some good, quality stuff, but goodness are they cheap in terms of how much you get for each of their releases. They are worth buying, but I'm afraid they are worth waiting ror when they become 50% off.

Marsigne and Eliaquim like this.
  5. mathmaster74

mathmaster74 just...John Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OmnislashXX I understand what you mean. Every pack is $10 (the 2 new are "reduced" at $9) and you get 8 backgrounds...sounds good, right? Then you look at the backgrounds and see they're really 2 battlebacks with 4 "times of day" each, so...really only 2 unique settings and suddenly you're looking at $10 x 4 packs + $9 x 2 packs = $58 to get essentially 12 battlebacks with 4 lighting variances each. I have 12 characters that could really use their own unique battlebacks, and most if not all of these can really lend themselves to the characters (blacksmith, miner, knight, etc.) as well as complementing the character bust look/style I'm using (higher realism). The ability to change up the background lighting could also help prevent the multiple battles with each character from getting old a tad bit, but ouch! I had a pain in my wallet just looking at the total! I do hope there is a sale soon, because I could really use these, but also still need to know if these are even an option to use commercially in my RMMV project.

Marsigne likes this.
  6. OmnislashXX

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep. Unfortunately, they don't have enough in content in terms of what they are currently asking for them. So, I'm sorry, but these packs will have to be at least %50 off before I even think about buying them.

Marsigne likes this.
  7. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Tokiwa backgrounds are amazing as usual. :kaopride: I’m so glad that they finally released some inside locations as well, even though they are expensive (they really are), I’m going to get these sooner rather than later.

Fact is, these locations are exactly what I was hoping for! There is finally enough to make that game I’ve been wanting to make, and I don’t feel that buying the previous backdrops was a wasted purchase anymore.

More over, I’d like to support Tokiwa so that they continue to provide even more high quality backdrops in the future! Chanses are probably pretty low that they’ll read my comment on here, but if they do, here’s what one fan of your work would like to see in the future.

Larger city background (we only got a village Background right now, a bustling city would be cool). Also, the inside of a citadell/Church/Cathedral etc. Those two backgrounds I think would add a lot to this collection in terms of versatility.

I also think that the more this background library grows, people are going to be more willing to fork up the cash. These backgrounds, however beautiful, don’t merge well with the RTP battlebacks for example. You’d have to go all RTP or ALL Tokiwa. These new ones really help but I can’t stress enough that I’d like to see even more, more, moooore. :kaoluv:

Marsigne likes this.
  8. OmnislashXX

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    -Yep. Amazing. And worth it when they're 50% off.

mathmaster74 and Marsigne like this.
  9. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    We can't get enough out of 8bit. ;)

10. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    8-bit will never die. The music from the Steam preview sounds quite nice.

Marsigne likes this.
  11. ABandit

ABandit Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Those Tokiwa backgrounds are a dream!

Parallax Panda and Marsigne like this.