New Releases: Ancient Dungeons: Winter for MV, Marsha Erin Character Pack!

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's release day again, and today we have a much asked for tileset as well as the mascot from the Japanese TKOOL store!

First up, Ancient Dungeons: Winter is making the jump to MV! After our previous update of the Ancient Dungeons Base Pack, we knew that you would want the Winter pack to make the jump to MV style as well! And here it is, a beautiful tileset in all its wintry glory.

Read more on the RPG Maker Web Store or Steam.

Marsha Erin makes her way from the Japanese RPG Maker storefront TKOOL, where she serves as a cute and adorable mascot! But now she has made her way off the island and is exploring the world. Capture her into your game with this full character pack featuring everything you need to make her a hero or villain!

Read more on the RPG Maker Web Store!

And for our Deal of the Week, complete the MV Ancient Dungeons set with Ancient Dungeons: Base Pack for 20% off until October 31st!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really glad to see the other Ancient Dungeons packs being upscaled\remade for MV. WIll definitely be picking up this pack on Monday. :)

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YAAAASSS!!! FINALLY!!

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Btw @RPGMakerWeb, you forgot to mention that Marsha Erin is not allowed for 18+ projects.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wonder about that corporate entity using it though rule? I declared my business side for game making an LLC for legal reasons, so would I have to contact Degica to use anything that has that rule?

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp I believe this is a way to import the Japanese terms, where they, unlike those of us in the west, consider there to be a difference between a full corporate entity and a shareware author. I think contacting them is the right thing to do, but they'll likely not add any surcharges since, well, you're not Namco, Square, or Nintendo :LZSlol:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, honestly, I have no idea how it would work. As I don't handle that part. You'd need to contact our support but I imagine it wouldn't be anything really considering you are a sole owner LLC with no employees.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First up, Ancient Dungeons: Winter is making the jump to MV! After our previous update of the Ancient Dungeons Base Pack, we knew that you would want the Winter pack to make the jump to MV style as well! And here it is, a beautiful tileset in all its wintry glory
You got that right. This is an instant buy for me when I have the money next. I am always looking to expand my collection of available tile sets to use for my next big game idea. When I say I'm buying a resource pack I always do even if I miss the opening sale. (Last time for the FSM Castle and Town tiles for example. hehe) I was like the amount of stuff in this pack is just unreal that I didn't even care about saving the 10 percent or 15, whatever it is.

Thanks for bringing these tiles to MV. I was a big fan of the series for ace. I wonder though. What happens next? We're almost at the last known released pack for Ancient Dungeons. Are we going to get anymore NEW Ancient Dungeons? @Celianna

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, was able to get Ancient Dungeons: Base Pack for MV! I have the VXA set (via steam), but I was never happy with my own resizing. Little did I know that on RMW it came with bonus music, wow I'm super happy! :LZYcat:

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Buying today @Celianna

Even though we've already completed our snow area for our game, showing you support for delivering this to MV. Keep up the great work and thank you.

Archlvt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for Necroing an old topic, but there really wasn't any info out there and reviews basically don't exist for this still. I saw a couple of people make mention of tilesets from either this developer or another developer that don't autotile correctly (or at all) when they made the transition from an older RPG maker to MV. Can anyone post-purchase confirm or deny that this is the case? Really struggling to make a winter empire with the default RTP even with clever use of tiles.

These tilesets (base and winter) cost more than the entire engine did (and more than Yanfly's complete collection) so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger since budget value doesn't seem to be there.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Archlvt but you are asking about Dungeon Base Pack, or the Winter one?

Archlvt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both tbh. I would assume they've received the same remaster treatment though. Or at least I'd hope lol

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that don't autotile correctly (or at all)
I can't tell you about the remastered version from the shop, but I have experimented with resizing them myself from the Ace version.

The first thing you need to know is that no automated resizing of 150% will ever create a perfect result. That is technically impossible because 150% requires the mathematics to guess new pixel colors.

So yes, the resize did create artefacts in the autotiles.
However those artefacts were not game-cripling in my opinion. I would have had no problem playing on them, and I know that if I place some manual edits after the resize the quality would go up.

I don't think that anyone can give you a better answer than that, because quality is in the eye of the beholder.

You cannot prevent the loss of the quality on resizing, not unless the artist herself goes manually over all pictures. And I know that that wasn't done.

HeyItsKidd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My question is, does the art style/shading/etc of these "fit" with the standard RTP MV stuff? All of Celianna's tiles are GORGEOUS, I just want to know if they'll look out of place next to Vanilla stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got MV on Steam during the Lunar New Year Sale! Happy Year of the Rat everyone!
Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disaffect