New Releases: Medieval Fantasy Weapons Pack, Battle Girl Characters Pack 1

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by RPGMakerWeb, Aug 16, 2019.

1. RPGMakerWeb

RPGMakerWeb Admin Staff Member Veteran

First Language:
    RPG Maker
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It is release day again, but first, let's have a little reminder that...

[​IMG]

.... the RPG Maker Web Summer Special Sale is still ongoing! Up to 80% off everything in our store, from engines to DLC! In addition, we are running the Original Character Contest again this year. No art skills needed, so jump on over to our forums and become the face of RPG Maker for the next year!

And now, what you are really here for: What's new today?

[​IMG]

Ever wanted to do weapons with different looks in combat, but never had enough variation to do a whole game? Medieval Fantasy Weapons Pack has you covered. With 12 Short Swords, 12 Greatswords, 24 Staves, 24 Magical Wands, 12 Axes, 12 Spears, 12 Small Blades, 12 Bows, 12 Flails and 12 Scepters, you'll not only have enough to make a game, you'll have enough to make an epic!

Read more on the RPG Maker Web Store and on Steam.

[​IMG]

These school girls aren't demure, they're ready to rumble. Battle Girl Characters Pack 1 hits the scene with 8 female characters, each with 3 outfits: School Uniform, Nurse, and Fantasy Battler. Each comes with a sprite, sideview battler, and emotion sets for their Uniform and Nurse outfits, and enemy battlers, busts, facesets for all three! In addition, you also get 28 modern/future backgrounds for them to explore!

Read more on the RPG Maker Web Store and on Steam.

2. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice! But I really wish the samples were bigger. Most of the time the pictures are so small that you can't really see what you are buying (in this case the background graphics for example).

3. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

^Agreed, I'm only really interested in the fantasy character versions, and I can't get a good look at the style/variety of faces and sprites. Gonna have to pass on this for now.

The Stranger likes this.
  4. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still no FSM stuff. :( Still, I really like both of these packs and will be getting them.

I agree with the above posts, the sample images are far too small. They've been too small for a long time. It's hard to get a good idea of what you're buying.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Elliott404 likes this.
  5. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll mention the preview size issues to our store admin.

6. OmnislashXX

OmnislashXX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, the character busts are nice and I could probably use them on Visual Novel Maker, but as there are no guys, it might not work.

As for the weapons, they are pretty cool. Though, there are probably free resources that are just as usable.

7. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Really like the Medieval Weapons pack. Would have loved more quirky weapons like shovel, broom, candycane and the like but it is still an attractive pack ;D (Edit: Btw for anyone looking, whtdragon has amazing joke weapons, and hiddenone has lovely non-typical weapons too!)

Just my two cents. Usually I'm able to get a close look at the preview samples by increasing the website font up to 200% and then click on each screenshot, but even then this time I can't get a clear look at these previews.

Out of curiosity, will there be more Male or even Monster Character packs in the future? Thanks for all the hard work.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    That battle girl pack seems awesome and I'm so tempted. But like others have said, I want bigger previews. I can't even make out the backgrounds as is. It's ridiculously small!

The Stranger likes this.
  9. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Seriously?? MORE weapons?? I literally JUST finished narrowing down and editing my Weapons to a place I was comfortable. Now I'm gonna have to go and add more.. sigh.. CHACHING!! :)

-MIA

The Stranger likes this.
  10. Storyteller-Hero

Storyteller-Hero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll probably get the Battle Girls pack at some point. It would be really great to see a future Battle Boys characters pack, a Beast Kin characters pack, and a NPC characters pack.

11. Parallax Panda

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I'd like to see another battle girls pack AND (I guess) at least one battle boys pack done by the same artist. And if we get more I'd REALLY want the new packs to include more sci-fi backgrounds.

I actually jumped the gun and bought this pack (on STEAM) and it was pretty good. There are some alignment issues with the busts (you can fix them yourself) and the backgrounds are decent at the very least (higher resolution originals would have been nice). The choice of locations, perspective and so on could also have been better for some of the backgrounds. However, modern/futuristic backgrounds/battlebacks are not very common, so for me the pack was worth it just to have the background images for VN cut-scenes.

...but the girl busts were quite decent as well. At least higher quality than many other bust-packs sold as DLC for MV.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  12. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The busts and what not are fantastic in the Battle Girls pack, but I didn't like the animated battlers and sprites. There's something about them that doesn't look quite right. I think they might have slightly different proportions than typical MV sprites and battlers. I was also disappointed to find out that there's no sprites or battlers for the non-nurse and non-school girl characters; the girl with the night vision goggles gets no sprite or battler.

13. Parallax Panda

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @The Stranger
    Now when you mention it, yeah the sprites are kinda off. Unfortunately, that can be said for almost all of these packs (fantasy heroine pack are the same). They don't have the same smooth polish as the RTP sprites, unfortunately. And yeah, the google-girl looks cool but she got no sprite.

The Stranger likes this.
  14. Richard John S

Richard John S Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are some nice packs! I'm really interested in those weapons. It will be really useful for loot! I would also like to see an expansion that includes armor, skill books, items, etc.

Dungeonmind and The Stranger like this.