RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The month of April is winding down, and Golden Week has started in Japan, but there is still time for RPG Maker resource pack releases! This week we have a second entry into the Pixelated Animations Pack series, and a new plugin for MV and MZ for adjusting the heights of your sprites!

Getting a consistent look over all the different graphical resources in your game can be a huge chore, especially when you aim for a clear and pixelated style, matching animations are hard to find. The second iteration of the Pixel Animation series fills this gap with 32 amazing and unique animations for your projects - no matter whether you use Ace, MV or MZ. With not only the sheet but also set up animations and instructions on how to import them they are as quick and easy to use as they can be and they look dashing at the same time!

You get eight different animations each for fire, water, wind and earth, allowing you to have a range of skills with distinct patterns! From softer blows and small tornados to water bubbles and fountains, there are a lot of cool tricks your heroes can pull off with these!

And if you go with a matching style for your sprites and tiles, many of the animations will look amazing on your maps as well, for cutscenes or you can pull out the burn animations for your typical RPG village getting burned down…

There is a lot you can do with those, so check them out and see what you want to make out of them!

Purchase now on the Degica Shop or on Steam!

Sometimes the default resources just don’t match the tone of the game you are going for. This can especially be the case with the default character sets, as no matter how cute and well made they are, the 1:1 head to body ratio can look way too cute for the setting of your game.

The Sprite Height Modifier is an easy to use plugin that helps those out who want a shortcut to taller characters without reworking all the graphics! By adding it to your project and setting the ratio you are going for, the plugin automatically stretches everything below the head by the value you chose, giving the chance to choose the size that works for and looks best to you.

You can even go as far as using different ratios for different characters, allowing you to have characters of varying height in your game without any extra work! This also allows you to exclude chest and object sprites from being affected by the change. To have the adjusted sprites blend in even better, the plugin also affects the height of the bushes.

So if you ever considered having taller characters and were intimidated by the amount of work that goes into this change, maybe this is the route you want to go?

Purchase now on the Degica Shop or on Steam!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That sprite height plugin is mighty tempting, but potential conflicts with other plugins has me worried. Will it have problems with plugins that affect sprite movement?

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well I'm definitely going to give the sprite stretcher a go. Decapitating, stretching, re-stitching and pixel tidying is a might tedious process. Fingers crossed this is good.

DanielTsc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does the Sprite Height Modifier also change the battlers sprites?

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the Sprite Height Modifier affect all sprites, things like: doors, vehicles, or certain monsters sprites, we might not want to be modified?

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
according to it's description:

You can even go as far as using different ratios for different characters
This also allows you to exclude chest and object sprites from being affected by the change.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @123edc ,

Okay, I'm thinking about picking it up; has any one else actually gotten it yet and if so what is your thoughts on it?

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I also would very much like to know how well this works.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I just picked it up less than an hour ago and after some testing around with it, (although, for only a short period of time), I must say I am very happy and impressed with it. The sprites look great and it seems easy enough so far to exclude things you do not want to have stretched out. Really, an incredible plug-in. Well worth it in my opinion!

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so ... just for clearification, that i understood it correct

the hight modifier is a plugin, that only alters the ingame appearance,
but it does not allow me, to modify the pictures directly
[to create sprites via mz-generator - stretch em - and use em in unite (since it won't have a generator)] ... did i understand that correct?

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so ... just for clearification, that i understood it correct

the hight modifier is a plugin, that only alters the ingame appearance,
but it does not allow me, to modify the pictures directly
[to create sprites via mz-generator - stretch em - and use em in unite (since it won't have a generator)] ... did i understand that correct?
That is correct. It is a plugin that only affects the sprites during game play; it does nothing with the generator and does not produce new sprite sheets.

ghorba96

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Am really enjoying these pixelated animations packs, i wonder, who is the creator?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneesama