New RPG Maker

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Taiber, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Taiber

Taiber Warper Member

First Language:
    Russia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Forgive my bad English, I'm from Russia.
    We have long been concerned about the question: is a new RPG Maker program being developed? The fact is that every new program was released every 3 or 4 years, and exactly 4 years have passed since the release of RPG Maker MV, and I would like to know if there will be a sequel?
    If the answer to this question is already somewhere, please give a link to it.

Once again, I apologize for my poor English, and I'm sorry if my question was not appropriate.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that answer had never been given in the past, he first info waa always the public advertisement with a release date.

3. Animebryan

Animebryan Feels like I'm slowly dying! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There's a major difference between MV & past RPG Makers. Unlike previous versions, this one has been continuously updated (v1.0 - v1.6.2). They wouldn't be updating it still if it was just going to get replaced by a new one.

Besides, what exactly are you expecting from a new version?

Bex likes this.
  4. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Iam not sure if it is ok that i mention it here.
    Kadokawa made "Pixel Game Maker MV", but it is distributed by another retailer.
    Also it is in Steam early Alpha and i dont own it, i would recomment RPG Maker MV to have a reliable and stable engine for RPG like Games.

Taiber likes this.
  5. Taiber

Taiber Warper Member

First Language:
    Russia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much for the answers and the time spent on me.
    I always hoped that KADOKAWA CORPORATION would not stop at RPG Maker MV and they would do something new. And thanks to Bex, I found out what I wanted. Thank you Bex. I wish you all the best. Let your games always be the best, and good mood. Thank. ^ _ ^