new simulation game with RPGMaker: "You're Fired!"

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by Grognard, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Grognard

Grognard Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've just released my game, You're Fired!, on Steam
    It's a fast-paced casual simulation of the ups and downs of managing your own company.
    You can do everything that a great CEO does - manage your managers, write books, take employees out furniture shopping, and most importantly: fire people.

Evaluate how much money each employee makes for the company through their Performance, versus how much they cost the company through their Mistakes and Burnout. Determine whether its worth keeping an employee around or whether you should fire them for the sake of your Bottom Line. It might be worth keeping around an employee who makes many mistakes if they're very attractive - they might contribute to the company in other ways...
    Adjust your strategy as your business ages - a company in its first days won't suffer much from an employee's Burnout rating, but as time passes Burnout will become a much more serious factor.

Play in either Untimed mode, where you can leisurely consider each employee's qualities; or in Timed mode, where you must make quick decisions.

I made this game with RPG Maker MV. It was a lot of fun seeing how far I could push the engine out of its comfort zone. I learned a lot, and sometimes I was really surprised by what I could do, and other times I was really surprised at what I couldn't do!

I hope you'll check it out and enjoy the game!
    Right now the game is only on PC and Mac. I'd love to bring it to Android/iOS but I had some problems with loading times on mobile platforms. If enough people seem to enjoy the computer version, I'll be able to put some more resources into figuring out how to manage a mobile platform.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    JayIsrael, Tw0Face and Amarok like this.
  2. JayIsrael

JayIsrael Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Really confused by the sample video. In your sample everything flies by so quickly, as to not exactly know what is going on. It just looks like smashing a "you're fired" button over and over again.
    Maybe a short trailer that explains the game a bit more?
    Dig the art style, and satirizing the president is always good. Just curious about how the game is played.

Grognard likes this.
  3. Grognard

Grognard Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so much for the feedback, Jay; it's really helpful! It's always hard for me to view how my projects look from the outside.
    I've added to the original post description to hopefully give a bit more context to the gameplay. When I have a little more time, I think I'll take up your suggestion and make another trailer featuring the slower, untimed mode with some explanation text.
    Thanks again!