Galv_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm having an issue altering max variables in RPG Maker MZ using a the Yanfly Core Engine Plugin. I can't seem to find out how to implement the variables I change.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What engine are you using? Your post says MZ, but your tag says MV. Yanfly Core Engine is an MV plugin.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So...if you're actually using the correct engine, there isn't anything to "implement" - you set the plugin parameters and they work.

You do, however, have to save your project and then start a new play test after changing anything in a plugin. If you load a save game, it will have the old settings stored in it.

Galv_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was under the impression that they were functionally the same but if that isn't the case, thanks for the information.

Galv_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What engine are you using? Your post says MZ, but your tag says MV. Yanfly Core Engine is an MV plugin.
MZ, I couldn't find a tag for it though

Galv_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just installed MV and still having issues. I'm using the whole "Free Starter Pack Essentials Rpg Maker MV" Plugin Pack and can't edit the max level variable to anything. Even went into notepad and changed the default though there and while it shows a visual change, I still can't edit it to be over 99.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was under the impression that they were functionally the same but if that isn't the case, thanks for the information.
"Functionally" in terms of, like, how the game's basic mechanics work, and how you use the editor is basically the same, but they have different code so do not use the same plugins. If they were the same, they wouldn't be two different pieces of software :wink:

I'm using the whole "Free Starter Pack Essentials Rpg Maker MV" Plugin Pack and can't edit the max level variable...to be over 99.
That is bizarre. So you're saying you open the plugin from the plugin manager, double-click on the max level parameter to get that dialogue window, type in, for example, 999, hit OK, and it stays 99?

Also, just to mention it, there's an edit button for your post. If you think of something you need to add and no one else has posted, just edit it in...otherwise, your profile on the side is taking up more space on the page than the actual content of your posts :stickytongue:

Galv_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That is bizarre. So you're saying you open the plugin from the plugin manager, double-click on the max level parameter to get that dialogue window, type in, for example, 999, hit OK, and it stays 99?
Yes, it accepts the changes about halfway (showing the defaut as 200 but I cannot increase the number; dispite the fact that I changed both the default and visual to be so).

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be helpful if you posted a screenshot showing what's going on, because some of the terminology you're using (default, visual, default below) is confusing.

If it is exactly as I described in my last post, I can't imagine what would cause that unless somehow you didn't have write permission for the folder your game project is in.

Galv_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Image 1 is my current value in the plugin, Image 2 is my current plugins, Image 3 is my attempt at entering 200 and Image 4 is the current max level

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    73.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    68.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    67.5 KB · Views: 4

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is neither a bug nor wrong, it is a user misconception.

a plugin cannot change the editor, it can only change the engine.
which means that the max level in the editor will always be 99, but with the plugin installed the engine will ignore that number and use the number you set in the plugin instead.

just play, and you'll see that the actor can really go up to level 200

Galv_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
that is neither a bug nor wrong, it is a user misconception.

a plugin cannot change the editor, it can only change the engine.
which means that the max level in the editor will always be 99, but with the plugin installed the engine will ignore that number and use the number you set in the plugin instead.

just play, and you'll see that the actor can really go up to level 200
Thanks that explains a lot, it will be a little weird making the game but now that I know, I can finally start. I'm sure to need help in the future and I'll appreciate any help I can get.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would also sugggest to remove the core updater which was required
if you use version 1.4 I believe or lower. after version 1.5 that plugin is
not needed anymore because they fixed that issue they had.

if you use version 1.6 or higher, remove it while it will be useless.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Writing a game about my trauma and I want to do a level about struggling with my sexuality. It's a horror game and each level is different with a different monster chase but I have no idea how to go about this level any ideas?
It's been a while since i posted so here's something i've been working on.
Game_Mockup7_6.png
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace

I've decided to stop buying candy in supermarket and bulk buy 4.5kg of candy. The disadvantage of that is, now I eat a lot of candy. -_-
Microsoft has consumed Activision Blizzard. Makes me wonder if they're gonna make Blizzard Blizzard again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WISDOMDICK