Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm planning on making a few tutorials and maybe some videos (if I can find some good free screen capture software - haven't started looking yet).

I've got a list of things, but thought I'd put it out there to see if there's anything you see coming up over and over in the forums that people struggle with, or just suggestions for things you'd like to see made. I'm sure my list of topics could be a lot bigger.

Not wanting to get into plugin-specific stuff, though I'll probably do a few simple ones.

Also thinking of making videos showing my troubleshooting process - find someone who's having an issue they can't resolve, get a hold of their game, and just record as I try to locate the source of the problem. Would you watch something like that?

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will, for sure :)
I think you can have ideas if you go to the tutorial topics. There are some old ones that a new look at how it's made can be a good idea.

ImaginaryVillain

"Hero" of Light, now with cool hat!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No real suggestions on topics, but the most popular screen capture software on Twitch is OBS Studio https://obsproject.com/ it's free and open source.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Telling people to not put spaces or non allowed character by HTML5 networking rules in their files and folders.
  • Basic javascript to use in events (example: the difference between Input.isTriggered, Input.isRepeated and Input.isPressed), especially conditionals.
  • Maybe something too simple or too basic, but the basic formatting for characters/faces/tilesets and how to adjust assets in GIMP/Photoshop. There are a lot of newcomers on the forum that have problems with assets formatting.
As for the screen capture software, OBS Studio is the most popular one I believe. It's open source, so it's free, and it's not too resource intensive (unless you want to record in 4k 60fps, or something like that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela