New unit/actor creator

Cheeseowl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a plugin for an actor/party member in-game creator? Something like in tactics games like Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics where you can make or hire basic units to add to the party. I don't need customization other than naming the new unit and literally what the unit is class-wise. I'm thinking it'll probably be an event that makes a new instance of that party member and adds it to the party. I think the biggest issue would be adding multiple of the same unit type (creating two essentially the same basic warriors for example).

I swear I've seen this around before, but for the life of me I can't find it again. I plan on using Embxii's Tactic system, and probably Yanfly's Party system to compensate for the extra party members. Ultimately, I'd like it to be a crafting system, using certain items/currencies to turn into new party member (or item to spawn a new party member).

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you'll need is Himework's Instance Actor plugin to create new actors in-game. As for you're crafting solution you can either have the player turn in the crafted items and create the actor then or you can give the illusion of crafting new characters and add all that after the synthesis scene is closed.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you haven't found much because most games do NOT create new units dynamically.
Almost every game I know of uses pre-configured actors and only changes the actor properties when they're really used, and that can be done by eventing alone.

There is exactly one character generator that I know of, and that focuses on the display graphics, allowing you to create the sprite and the face of the actor from different picture parts. And that has nothing to do with different units or classes.

If that is not enough for you, then you need to search for plugins to handle a dynamic database - it doesn't matter if the addition is an actor or an item, the handling would be similiar.

EDIT: Looks like someone did the search while I was typing

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you don't need visual customisation, it can probably be done by pure eventing.
As Andar suggested, you only need to "prepare" enough actors slots, then in-game you just have to make the player choose the name and class, switch the sprite picture if needed and voilà.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poppiota