(New User) Creating Animated Events with Choices?

HydrogenHuman

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello fellow RPG creators!

I have googled searched, forum searched, and tried youtube as well but haven't been able to find a guide or solution to what I'm looking for.

I'll try to explain it as best as I can, since I don't fully know the terminology yet.

I want to have hand drawn animated sequences that can "pause" or have a looping "idle" animation, and the player will then select from several choices on a menu to "activate" the next animation. The game I'm creating revolves more around mini-games and these sort of sequences rather than battles.

To showcase what I mean, I found a really basic animation online showing a character stirring a pot, then having a taste with the spoon, reacting to the taste, then going back to the stirring animation.

Animation.gif

My goal is to set up a sequence as follows:

Character will be holding the spoon, in an "idle" animation pose, waiting for a command from the player. The choices the player will have, for this example, will be "Add Ingredient", "Stir", and "Taste"

Stirring Animation 01.png

The player chooses "Taste" and the character's animation "activates" to have a taste.

Taste Animation Choice.png

This I think is where a variable would come into play; If the player added enough ingredients, the player "wins" and the animation shows the character happy from the taste. If the player doesn't add enough ingredients, or doesn't stir enough, the character reacts like this:

Bad Taste Animation.jpg

Afterward, the character goes back to the "idle" animation, and the player gets the three choices again.

The process repeats until enough ingredients are added and the taste reaches a certain threshold to "win"

Stirring Animation 01.png

This is a very basic example, but I would really like to add these sort of animated sequences to the game to add an extra layer of interest and fun.

If anyone knows how this could be accomplished I would really appreciate it!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, that is possible with basic eventing commands.

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature, it contains tutorials to teach you the basics of using RM - including tutorials for how to make events for almost anything. Work through them and sequences like you described above are easy to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gymbird