New user. Tileset setup

llRainll

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I am very new to RPG Maker. I purchased most of these packs. Can someone send me a screenshot of how they have their tilesets set up? my main issue from the stock RPG Maker MV tilesets to Time Fantasy is there is no "worldA1" tile set. I inserted "A1_outside" in the A1 slot so I can put water on what will be my world map. What i can use vs. what i see when IScreenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png view A1_outside are very different. What am I doing wrong?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What am I doing wrong?
nothing, it's supposed to look that way.

A1 are animated autotiles. The entire triple-structure with the three different circles each is ONE AUTOTILE, and as such it is represented by a single tile on the editor tileset selector, that sheet contains only eight tiles in total.
The transparent areas are missing tiles, but that doesn't matter here.

An autotile is a special construct, and if you draw a largeer section full of the same autotile you'll see that the engine automatically selects different parts of the construct to use depending on the tile drawn being on the middle or at the border of the drawn area.

Just use the autotile to draw and you'll see that it is much easier than using regular tiles due to this automatic.

llRainll

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome Thank you. I have one more question if you don't mind?

When i use the selected tiles why do i see the transparency squares and not grass? If I start the game it shows up as black.Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All A tiles go to the bottom layer, all B-E tiles go to the upper two layers.

Looks like you placed some tilesheets wrong, such a structure should have been on one of the B-E tabs, then it would show above.

either that or that tile is supposed to show the parallax which can be installed through the map properties.

I suggest you right-click on the map tree to load maps from the sample map list, there are several that show how to use parallaxes (usually a cloud parallax for floating sky maps, but could easily be a fire parallax to show a vulcan etc.)

llRainll

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you.

And Thank you for being polite and patient with the new guy:rswt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x01010110x