Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Normally I like to wait a few days when software comes out to let the bugs and omissions be sorted out, rather than use day two patches and such... and by the looks of the forum there are a few things to be fixed.

Do you guys expect to update the download within the coming week to fix some of these things?  Or is my waiting game futile, and I should just jump in and download my preordered MV right now?

Thanks!~ :)

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With such a small group of people running this, it's hard to say when and if they would release any potential fixes. I would get started casually learning the changes and wait and see if we hear any news. I think just tinkering will keep you busy as you figure out whats going on with the new tools and plugins.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I would wait.

Having downloaded it, I can say it's a bit... unpolished.

For me it lags and behaves erratically.

Point08

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't think it will hurt you to download it. I haven't heard of anyone having it cause problems outside of the software itself. Then you can learn the differences between MV and Ace. Also, not everyone is having all (or even some) of the problems, you could get lucky.

I agree with erikmidnatt about fixes. Also, there's no way to know even if they will be official fixes, or unofficial plugins released by Archeia, Yanfly, etc. (which also wold likely impact the time frame on release of fixes, meaning community-based ones might actually be available sooner).

Hellreaper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Well I have to say I downloaded and installed MV and I am having no issues at all so far. been tinkering around for a while now.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just so you know, RPG Maker usually doesn't patch all that much. I think there was a discussion specifically on the Japanese who really dislike the patching environments, so we might be waiting a very long time for any patches, if any at all. I think VX Ace only got one patch, and it was a very long time for it (although it didn't have nearly as many issues as MV seems to be having).

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the record, I've not had issues with it, and I don't think I'm alone.

I guess I'm just saying, there might not be problems for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
although it didn't have nearly as many issues as MV seems to be having).
MV switched the game up very much, so it's logical to have more issues and bugs initially. ACE and MV aren't really comparable when it comes to project scope. Hopefully they will address concerns once MV has been out a while and real bugs settled out from user error or bad drivers etc.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just so you know, RPG Maker usually doesn't patch all that much. I think there was a discussion specifically on the Japanese who really dislike the patching environments, so we might be waiting a very long time for any patches, if any at all. I think VX Ace only got one patch, and it was a very long time for it (although it didn't have nearly as many issues as MV seems to be having).
Jesus, I really hope we don't have to wait that long since I have already seen several massive, borderline engine breaking bugs and I have used it just over a hour.

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jesus, I really hope we don't have to wait that long since I have already seen several massive, borderline engine breaking bugs and I have used it just over a hour.
I hope you posted them all in the bug thread.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some things are driver related, some things are legitimate bugs. We are going to work to get as much fixed as we can.

It is very frustrating. We have 1000s of hours in playtesting, and these errors are things we have never seen before.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope you posted them all in the bug thread.
I did and I'm not the only one. Seems tons of people have similar issue. Can we get a patch asap because making anything is literally impossible right now or should I seek refund?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Patch is coming as soon as possible, but we have to identify what is the issue so far.

The language part we have identified (the one that is causing weird stuff due to punctuation differences) and can be avoided by switching language (unfortuantely the only way to do this at this time is to switch the language of windows, we are working on a better way to select language as well) to English. We'll be providing a fix so other languages work perfectly as soon as possible.

The lag issues, and the memory leak, we are going to have to identify what is happening first. We are going to get it worked on as fast as possible, but please have some patience.

Mr_G_W

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Good to know the issues are acknowledged and being worked on.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I rolled back my drivers out of pure curiosity and the lag calmed down a significant amount.

Not sure what's going on but it sure is weird.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Patch is coming as soon as possible, but we have to identify what is the issue so far.

The language part we have identified (the one that is causing weird stuff due to punctuation differences) and can be avoided by switching language (unfortuantely the only way to do this at this time is to switch the language of windows, we are working on a better way to select language as well) to English.

The lag issues, and the memory leak, we are going to have to identify what is happening first. We are going to get it worked on as fast as possible, but please have some patience.
Will the language part of this also fix the traits bug?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I rolled back my drivers out of pure curiosity and the lag calmed down a significant amount.

Not sure what's going on but it sure is weird.
Hey, thanks for this info. Can you tell us what graphics card you are using, that might help.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Needs an updated database. Nothing premade like VX Ace. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanaya07