bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I actually think it is relevant though. Remember how RPGMaker is marketed everyone. The ads and slogan say simple enough for a child. RPGMaker is marketed to a young audience, and it is marketed as you can make a game with no programming knowledge needed. So I've always felt that those who say "Well, I know how you can program this, so I should judge by that" need to stop as you are going against how the engine is marketed and sold and it honestly sends a contrary message to the audience this engine is advertised to and how Degica wants to sell it.

Randor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@bgillisp, sorry, I'm not understanding what you mean. Or maybe your comment isn't directed toward me? Haha! If it is, I agree that there's a wide variety of users. Some can make a perfectly fun and enjoyable game with no programming ability. The engine also allows those who can do some JS tweaking to do almost as much as they want. I judge games based on how well what's there works, not on how much they changed. So, if someone makes a great game with Vanilla assets and no plugins, fine. If they've added custom everything, cool. Let's play the game and see how good it is. :)

@Julien Brightside, sure. As long as you're ready for a review to be written. Some people prefer to wait because they still want to add features to the game and don't want to have a review written until the game is nearly complete and available for players to purchase or download. I also do private reviews/game testing if you want a second set of eyes on your game but don't want a public review yet. Check the website Services page if that interests you. Otherwise, you can send me a link to your game, and I'll add it to my queue.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Randor : Nah, just directed at the general I know how to do it so you should too I've seen on the forums a lot recently. What you said in your reply makes more sense and I think that is a perfectly fine way to handle things.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Randor, could you do me a favor? Please introduce yourself as who you really are like others Let player's curators. It would help me understand your personalities better. For example like your general stuffs likes your education and your technical skills. Thank you. (I did not see in your website neither).:guffaw:

Last edited:

Randor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kupotepo, that's a good idea. I'll edit the top post in the thread with some info about myself.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a planned schedule for reviews or is just a matter of when you have time?

Randor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@VisitorsFromDreams, right now, I have one day per week set aside for working on blogs and reviews for my RPG Maker Games Reviews site. First-Impression reviews will go fairly quickly, so I should be able to publish a few at a time.

SepulcherGeist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your website and services actually don't look half bad. I'll keep you in mind.

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love a review on my game Burden. It's my first and is pretty story focused I'm working on my third game now which is also story focused so whatever feedback I can get I appreciated.
You've got a cool service going on here, and this is the perfect place to share it

Reaction score
First Language
Norway
Primarily Uses
@Randor I would appreciate a review no matter what. Maybe it will encourage more people to play the game.

Randor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Julien Brightside, okay, no problem. Go ahead and send me the link on the Services page of the website if you haven't already. First-Impression reviews are free. Thanks!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for taking the time to critique, ill be giving a more indepth response on itch tomorrow. :)

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thank you for you revieuw I really appriciate the in depth feedback on all the points you made. I see a lot of things to be improved once I finished the game because of this feedback.

Randor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This week’s review was Burden RPG!

Do you have a game you'd like me to review? Send it in!

Randor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This week’s review was EvilOverlord with a score of 94/100!

Submit your game for next week!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drags4g