Newbie here with common event timing

Keraldo11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Englsih
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Basically, I'm trying to figure out how I can tie a common event, (which shows an image, plays some sounds, etc), to a skill, and have it play when the skill starts, not after the damage is calculated.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
you need plugin for that i think... something like common event before skill... and the skill will launch after the common event finished...
since even reserving common event (using damage formula) when using the skill will execute the common event and deal damage at the same time...

Keraldo11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Englsih
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you need plugin for that i think... something like common event before skill...
Thanks for the response!
I already spent a while poking around the plugin board for mz, and I couldn't find anything, but i just may not know what I'm looking for. If possible, could you point me in the right direction?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Thanks for the response!
I already spent a while poking around the plugin board for mz, and I couldn't find anything, but i just may not know what I'm looking for. If possible, could you point me in the right direction?
back in MV we can use Yanfly Battle Engine plugin which allow us to call common event before continuing to damage the enemy (using skill sequence)... I think Victor Animated battle in MV could also do that... (i forgot)...

in MZ maybe try VisuStella Battle Core? (the VisuStella Battle Core is free) they changed the skill sequence to use common event based instead... and using that common event i think you can slip show picture command... play sound effect... set a wait... do your skill sequence... then finally erase the picture at the end of common event... never try this before btw... sorry if i'm wrong...

BUT there's downside too... using VisuStella plugin will make you harder to create compatibility with other people plugin... since VisuStella plugin is obfuscated (hard to read by human but can be read by machine)... so if you use lots of other people plugin that affect battle... it's not adviceable to use VisuStella...

hope this help.

Keraldo11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Englsih
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out with my current plugins, and maybe update this thread if I get it working or not.

Keraldo11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Englsih
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It is entire incompatible with Akea Animated Battle System 2 it seems, it just force crashes it. Guess I'd have to choose between more than 3 frames for sprites or cool action events.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
It is entire incompatible with Akea Animated Battle System 2 it seems, it just force crashes it. Guess I'd have to choose between more than 3 frames for sprites or cool action events.
ah yes it will never compatible with Akea Animated Battle System 2 because both is battle system thus the possibility of modifying the same code is high... it's like having two wheel on a car with two driver... then first driver want to turn left but the second driver rotate the wheel to the right... thus the conflict :D...

if you're using Akea Animated Battle System 2... alternatively you can post in that plugin post... ask the author is it currently possible to run common event between action sequence (wait for common event to finish before continuing the sequence)... also if not possible you might ask the author maybe s/he could add that feature to Akea Animated Battle System 2...

hope this help

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasasewamobilbali