(Newbie)How to turn off/on lights by making the player press a wall switch?

milchiah

Always hungry
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Um hi! o v o
I'm very new to mv and very clueless
I need help with lights! Like what the title says,
how to make the lights turn on and off when the player presses a wall switch or whatever switch (lever, ,,)???
I have no experience with scripts and not much with the actual program so replies with screenshots would really help me T w T

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that has nothing to do with scripts, that is pure eventing - just condition those lights (they're event's I assume?) to a switch, and have the event that displays the tile-switch on the map change that same switch by control switch event command.

If you're completely new to the maker, I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through those tutorials.

milchiah

Always hungry
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that has nothing to do with scripts, that is pure eventing - just condition those lights (they're event's I assume?) to a switch, and have the event that displays the tile-switch on the map change that same switch by control switch event command.

If you're completely new to the maker, I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through those tutorials.

Thank goodness it's not script related T w T , , ,i kinda get what you're saying but I barely have any idea how to connect the lights o a switch o n o,,,I downloaded a plugin that's called terrax I think , I placed it on a lamp, I really have no idea how to turn it off T . T

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you need to read the script description of how to use that script - eventing only works if you create the lights based on events.

BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@milchiah -. Welcome to RPGMaker! Glad you are eager and off to making some things happen, but I strongly suggest following Andars tutorial links before you start installing plugins.

Gaining a strong grasp of those basics will help you a lot before you start messing with things changing the core engine.

milchiah

Always hungry
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you need to read the script description of how to use that script - eventing only works if you create the lights based on events.
Ow okies :D , , I'll try out your tutorials and if I still don't get it I'll come back here xD thank you for your time ; v ;

milchiah

Always hungry
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@milchiah -. Welcome to RPGMaker! Glad you are eager and off to making some things happen, but I strongly suggest following Andars tutorial links before you start installing plugins.

Gaining a strong grasp of those basics will help you a lot before you start messing with things changing the core engine.

Alrighty! :D I'll the tutorials, it was just that it was so many so it overwhelmed me haha thank you xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D
So Facebook fraudulently took money from me. They even went through my PayPal accounts to find a card that had the money on it. Thinking about deleting my Facebook account because this doesn't happen on twitter, not even close.
Today the 2nd part of the RPGMakergame "A Thief's voyage" came out.

Go show DutchPowerCreations some love.
love it when you forget to put a certain thing in the movement route and suddenly a character starts spinning at 10000 rpm
I'm sorry. I have a bad feeling I've been manic the past couple of days. Antidepressants have only been making things worse somehow -- too drowsy to function, followed by insomnia. Why not making me go crazy to boot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWildSlicerx