Newgrounds drops plugin

Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Hello, 

I have tried to upload my project to Newgrounds, but when I play it on the site, it removes the Yanfly ATB combat plugin from the game.  I have also used the Yanfly equipment plugin, and that works fine, so it's not dropping all plugins, just the ATB combat.  I tested the index.html on my computer and when I play it there, the ATB system is included, but I tend to get errors shortly after running the game in Firefox and it doesn't start up at all in Chrome.  I assume this is just because it's an "internet" thing trying to access files stored on my own computer, but I'm not too savvy with this HTML5 stuff.  

Here is a link to the project on NG if that is desirable:  http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/1020197/preview  I think anyone with the link can view the preview, although I'm a little fuzzy on how it works when someone else tries to view an unpublished project.  

EDIT:  This is the plugin that's not working: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/06/yep-24-battle-system-active-turn-battle/

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
It would be interesting to see MV games in Newgrounds. I didn't know they accepted HTML5 nowadays :D

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, it runs, but I'm not familiar enough with the plugin you claim to be having issues with, so I can't really help you there... But, as I said, it runs fine. I'm on Chrome.

@Archeia Wait, plugin requests why? Isn't this more of a plugin help thing?

Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Well, it runs, but I'm not familiar enough with the plugin you claim to be having issues with, so I can't really help you there... But, as I said, it runs fine. I'm on Chrome.

Ah, so the plugin in question is this one:  http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/06/yep-24-battle-system-active-turn-battle/  

So yes, the game runs fine, except that the combat plugin I want just isn't there.  There are things like ATB-specific states, so changing the battle system would represent a major rewrite and I feel like Americans are not very forgiving of the default combat system in the first place.  

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Neat! This is going to get technical, but have you confirmed that it's getting loaded when you load the game? And the super-simple case, are you sure it's enabled when you deploy? Does it get uploaded to newgrounds? Are you sure other plugins are working correctly?

Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Oh, I see, so it might be like when the game starts playing before it has loaded a sound or animation file?  Interesting.  How can I confirm that something is loaded?  

As I said, when I run the game elsewhere, the ATB plugin runs fine, so it is included from deployment.  

Like I said, I can see Yanfly's equipment plugin working perfectly.  And the splashscreen plugin is still there too.  

I wonder...  NewGrounds hosts HTM5 games as zip files.  The combat plugin actually has multiple modes and the option to change modes in-game, but the default mode is the standard MV battle.  I wonder if somehow unzipping it resets the combat system...

EDIT:  Nope, using the plugin command to enable ATB does nothing.  Still default battle system.  

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Back after almost two years! O_O"
It's time to get back to my unfinished character sprite attempt AND JS/plugin making learning! :D
Hey guys how come my new plugin that I programmed so perfectly doesn't work? Oh wait.... I forgot to add it to my game's plugins. :kaoswt:
While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?
Good lord this is taking forever, I'm not even out of the opening really and I've still got hours worth of work to do before I get to the main gameplay loop. Orphan of Time will probably be done some time next year, If I'm lucky.
Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosyNoodle