Newtrality's Newbie Works

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by Newtrality, Aug 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Newtrality

Newtrality Overlord of Couches Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Been going back and forth on whether any of my stuff is worth publishing. Guess this time I'm sticking with forth~

TERMS
    • Free to use in non-commercial and commercial games.
    • These are edits of the RPG Maker VX ACE Run Time Package, so you need to own a copy of that particular maker in order to use these (unless otherwise specified).
    • Credit me, Newtrality.
    • It should go without saying, but don't claim these as your own.
    • The grass is a mixture of RTP and a tile from Mack's VX tileset so the FSM Terms & Conditions apply as well (basically credit Mack for these as well!).
    TILES

Right now it's mostly RTP edits. If people liked them well enough, I suppose I can go about releasing more. The idea behind most of these is that you can copy-paste them over the original RTP tiles, using any image-editing program (GIMP etc).

Outside A1

[​IMG]

Outside A2

[​IMG]

Outside A3
    [​IMG]

Outside A4
    (Not ready yet)

Outside A5
    [​IMG]

Outside D
    A pointy roof to go along with the A3 one, as well as an XP-inspired edit of the VX ACE tent. I never liked how tiny it was!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  2. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

dude! i love your edits! did you basically just take the autotile grass and turn it into a regular flat grass tile, or was there more to it than that? it's so much richer than the default grass, and you added it to the A1 and A5 tiles too...awesome! as a big fan of the ace rtp, i hope to see more from you! p.s. if you can find a way to make the A4 tree tiles less ugly, i'll love you forever. <3

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  3. Newtrality

Newtrality Overlord of Couches Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks! My general ambition with this is to overhaul the RTP and give it a more textured look, though that's easier said than done. I've started many such attempts that I've ended up scrapping or straight up losing due to oversight.

The basic grass is the normal RTP tile, with a little low opacity texturing from one of Mack's grass tiles (so credit Mack/FSM - OP updated). The tall grass is similarly done, but with the RTP water grass thing from the A1, with some shading to make it pop a little.

Ah, any A4 tiles that aren't blocky walls are bound to be awkward. I DO have a little something edited from the base RTP, though it only works at 2 tiles high:

[​IMG]

I find it a little inconsistent that an Outside autotile has black insides, when none of the others do. So I kinda filled it up, heh. I also made the trunks thinner. Here's an example in-game:

[​IMG]

I'll need to gather up stuff from a bunch of projects -and make sure I haven't used anything I can't publish- before I can release something more update-worthy. Until then!

Attached Files:

atoms and jonthefox like this.
  4. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

yess! way better!

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just one small point on seamless tiling.
    The way you have it set up, the back row consistently end in half a tree. Sorrry for the blur, I've done it with the snipping tool.
    upload_2018-9-6_10-18-25.png
    Other than that, nice work to eliminate the pitch black between the trees.

6. Slothful

Slothful Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Nice Work.

7. TenTranVN

TenTranVN Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnam
    Primarily Uses: