AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is rather interesting. I ran the benchmark on my laptop and there is a nice performance boost.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
There are currently no plans to upgrade RMMV's pixi. We use a special version and the possibility of plugins breaking all over again is too high to consider the risk.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are currently no plans to upgrade RMMV's pixi. We use a special version and the possibility of plugins breaking all over again is too high to consider the risk.
Dont worry about this, most improvement are about WebGL 2 and batching sprites and graphics.
Pixi v5 is almost the same from v4 and compatibility tracking are implemented.

I understand your point of view for the support of the plugins because rmmv is nothing without community plugins.
But there are also a lot of dev who hack their own rmmv core project, and will still be able to make updates.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Dont worry about this, most improvement are about WebGL 2 and batching sprites and graphics.
Pixi v5 is almost the same from v4 and compatibility tracking are implemented.

I understand your point of view for the support of the plugins because rmmv is nothing without community plugins.
But there are also a lot of dev who hack their own rmmv core project, and will still be able to make updates.
Oh sorry, I should've added more context to that post. It's a just in case we get questions of upgrading MV to Pixi 5.:rswt

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will this make the game improve performance on mobile?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eulesan