English
Primarily Uses
your gonna have to open a workshop after this post Amazing 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why for are you all so good at art! I'm just gonna take my art and hide.

These are beautiful. I second the workshop thing!

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
your gonna have to open a workshop after this post Amazing 
Thank you!! haha if i has some time for it, ill surely open it! i has some project that i has to focus on it first!  ;)

Why for are you all so good at art! I'm just gonna take my art and hide.

These are beautiful. I second the workshop thing!
Because we practice! xD

You shouldn't take your art and hide it!

Just go post it anywhere, take the critics that people give, and improve!!! anyway THANK YOU very much!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hum~ *the vampcat look these art*

hum they are awesome the proportion are awesome ! 

but I see you use a lot of pastel color and your art is really flashy (in colors way) 

I guess you use a Brush in paint tool say with a heavy high saturation right?

You art and coloring are awesome but just a tip between artist

Avoid to only practice with only one gamme of colors :)

Myself I do that and use to much darken colors and this can't fit on some story of manga I work on~ 

and I have some difficulty with really pale colors like but I work hard

but for Rpg maker for fit with a lot of tileset and game a mid saturate coloring is better

but your art works is awesome just a little flashy (can fit well with Leila's tiles

but good luck ~ 

Artist tips : if you have dificulty with the fact of darken your color without scrap it do  like usual and open photoshop and reduce the saturation of your drawing by darken the image this should fix some problem but this not a solution just for help you

and for conserve your good coloring always save yours important colors for dark draw in a palette  this help a lot for getting the trick in darken color 

Last edited by a moderator:

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hum~ *the vampcat look these art*

hum they are awesome the proportion are awesome ! 

but I see you use a lot of pastel color and your art is really flashy (in colors way) 

I guess you use a Brush in paint tool say with a heavy high saturation right?

You art and coloring are awesome but just a tip between artist

Avoid to only practice with only one gamme of colors :)

Myself I do that and use to much darken colors and this can't fit on some story of manga I work on~ 

and I have some difficulty with really pale colors like but I work hard

but for Rpg maker for fit with a lot of tileset and game a mid saturate coloring is better

but your art works is awesome just a little flashy (can fit well with Leila's tiles

but good luck ~ 

Artist tips : if you have dificulty with the fact of darken your color without scrap it do  like usual and open photoshop and reduce the saturation of your drawing by darken the image this should fix some problem but this not a solution just for help you

and for conserve your good coloring always save yours important colors for dark draw in a palette  this help a lot for getting the trick in darken color
haha actually you got it backwards,i use low saturation to paint actually! and yeah i use brush in Sai.

Thanks! i usually avoid to use dark color because i just didn't like it.....it make my pic look gloomy ._."

for the tips, ill start experimenting with that!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
your welcome~ 

(ho maybe this your  V factor who are to much high...)

playing with color darker or pale is hard you have to know your Color tree for be good on this

(I don't know the tree so I suck for use them its just my intuition who save me)

also for darken color this like learning pale 

you begin to play in the extreme even this gloomy and ugly and gradually learn to doing shadow and mix with more or less dark color

the perfect way for equilibrate your color is using a Heavy Blur who will gradually mix up the dark and the pale for make a good contrast between them.

and when you play with dark color or pales is good to always have a neutral one between them.

colors works like Black and white gradiant but in difference this a other colors~

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
your welcome~ 

(ho maybe this your  V factor who are to much high...)

playing with color darker or pale is hard you have to know your Color tree for be good on this

(I don't know the tree so I suck for use them its just my intuition who save me)

also for darken color this like learning pale 

you begin to play in the extreme even this gloomy and ugly and gradually learn to doing shadow and mix with more or less dark color

the perfect way for equilibrate your color is using a Heavy Blur who will gradually mix up the dark and the pale for make a good contrast between them.

and when you play with dark color or pales is good to always have a neutral one between them.

colors works like Black and white gradiant but in difference this a other colors~
V factor?

if there is someone who knows all the color tree ILL SALUTE HIM/HER. I think most artist just use intuition for the color (heck how can we remember all the color tree)

Ill try to practice myself to play with darker color as darker color really gonna help me painting most generic Boss Enemy in rpg game (Demon Lord, Satan, Succubus). Though i don't really mind playing with purple color ( i luv purple) xD

Bukarett

Burning Dryad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tree whisperer
Primarily Uses
Actually using darker colors isn't that great at all. Your right it creates a very dirty and dark effect. I recently had an interesting conversation with a fellow artist and realized that I need to cut down on amount of dark colors Im using and move on to more saturated style. My point being, that your doing just fine with the pallet you have right here. :) You could indeed add more darker colors, but most of your pictures have a very unified and unique style, and I really like that, and wouldn't change it if I was in your place, quite the opposite I would expand on it. You seem to have a great grasp on creating a watercolor effect and those colors suits it very well! Furthermore I think this style would suit marvelously with RPG Maker! Exceptionally with the DS style! Some nice pastel portraits would do nicely~ 

I really love what you have here so far, I adore the 2sd and 3th picture the most~ Such a great composition there <3 I'm hoping to see more form you in the future :D

and purple... purple is life~

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually using darker colors isn't that great at all. Your right it creates a very dirty and dark effect. I recently had an interesting conversation with a fellow artist and realized that I need to cut down on amount of dark colors Im using and move on to more saturated style. My point being, that your doing just fine with the pallet you have right here. :) You could indeed add more darker colors, but most of your pictures have a very unified and unique style, and I really like that, and wouldn't change it if I was in your place, quite the opposite I would expand on it. You seem to have a great grasp on creating a watercolor effect and those colors suits it very well! Furthermore I think this style would suit marvelously with RPG Maker! Exceptionally with the DS style! Some nice pastel portraits would do nicely~ 

I really love what you have here so far, I adore the 2sd and 3th picture the most~ Such a great composition there <3 I'm hoping to see more form you in the future :D

and purple... purple is life~
Thank you so much for the praise and tips ypu gave me! Seems now i don't really has to worried about dark color so much right now. But darker do conditionally gonna be needed in my project, so maybe ill learn a little. And ill also hoping to more from you! (your art is dang awesome)

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE:

WIP Imagine monster design 001

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
a lot better in color terms! ~ 

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
CHOOSE YOUR HERO/RIVAL (Male)

So well as said on above, please vote which hero and rival you guys want! (the hero will depends on you guys!)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
mehhh I hesite between the second and the last one ~

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VOTE RESULTS (RPGMaker Web Forum & RPGMaker VXAce Forum):

- Hero- 1

- Rival- 3

Ok now wait for the improve design!

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hero (Male) FINALIZED Draft:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
awesome but watch out about the feet this seem a little odd...

NH97

Humble Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
awesome but watch out about the feet this seem a little odd...
Thank you! Yep the feet's angle is totally wrong, but im too lazy to fix it now. ill fix it when im coloring the hero xd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.
Today I found out that ladybirds\ladybugs are apparently named for the Virgin Mary. They're also known as God's cows in some places.
J0pac wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
The sad reaction was not because I want you to credit me. (terms clearly say no need to credit) but because those maps are meant to be used as inspiration or guidence. You are ofcourse alowed to use them however you want :)
I'm an adult married woman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midgar21