Nick van Kleef - Creating music and sound for your games

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Dear Game Designers and RPG Makers, 

My name is Nick van Kleef and I am a music composer and sound designer. I currently study Music and Sound Composition for Adaptive Systems at the HKU in the Netherlands. 

I love game audio and would like to work with you on projects you want to share! I make all kinds of music (orchestral, classic rpg, electronic, 8-bit/chiptune) and take any challenge head on. :)  

Please look at my website for examples of my work and for more information. I am looking to expand my portfolio so I offer  some services for free. 

Portfolio: http://www.Nickvankleef.com

Thank you for your time! 

Nick van Kleef

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BCj

spiritseekerpsp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I listened to quite a few songs on your Soundcloud, you're very talented! 

Shuko

Warrior of the Emblem
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I were to ask you to work on my game's OST, how much would that cost? You may be exactly what I need.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
If I were to ask you to work on my game's OST, how much would that cost? You may be exactly what I need.
Hi Shuko,

First of all, I'm very grateful that you are considering me for your game's OST. I looked at your other topic and I would be enthusiastic about working with you on it! About the prices: Of course there are a couple of factors that determine the price, whether it is an entire soundtrack, or just a couple of songs, or maybe sound effects as well. As I am a new-to-the-field composer working on my portfolio I don't yet charge as much as high-end professionals naturally. I often deter from naming prices in forum replies so i'll PM you with this message in private to discuss it more openly. But the prices are not high at all and I offer at least demo for free for every client so they can hear if they like my style. 

Cheers,

Nick van Kleef

Last edited by a moderator:

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hello Nick van Kleef, your topic is mentioning "free"? What does free for you mean exactly?

Like free demo's, free for only one song, ...

Why I'm asking is because I'm planning to develop a new game. It doesn't have a name and story yet,

but I may be starting writing a story tommorow or even today. And of course my game'll need music, and you're

the first one who crossed my mind because I'm not a composer and I'm not using the RPG Maker VX Ace implemented music.

The game I'm going to develop will be a Drama/Puzzle/Mystery game.

So the kind of music I want to use is beautifull piano music, same style of the game "To the Moon" from "Freebird Games".

The price? Well I can't actually pay money, what I can do in change of joining the crew is:

- Advertise your skills to other game developers recruiting composers.

- Of course adding you to the game's credits + special thanks.

- You're probably no game developer, but I'll list it too just in case:

* Skill trade (I'm experienced with mapping, writing and creating title screens.)

- Whatever's needed to pay you back without money

Think about it, you're not forced to. No offense, but if you can't help me there are still other composers who may help me so I'll have no

problem with that. So don't worry about it.

Anyway, I'll go start writing something. PM me if you're interested in helping me. I'm looking forward for a reply.

Greets: xSparkZx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ft371pta