Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome to my mapping workshop.

A lot of mapping talent is needed to post in Classifieds, and since I have very little of that in anything I use resource workshops.
If you suck at mapping or don't want to spend the time, hit me up :p

Disclaimer: I don't work well with large maps. That's just me... So keep that in mind before requesting an 80x80 map. Just a warning.

I own every RPG Maker from 2000 to MV and thus can work with any engine.
Here are my terms of use. If you request a map I will assume you have read them.
After the map is completed, if you include it, credit me as "Nightblade50" somewhere in your project.
Edits are fine. Sharing the map is a no. My maps can be used in commercial games freely. The purpose of me creating a map for you is in my mind not to get my maps in your game but rather to help you with creation of it.

Request Template:
Project Name
: The name of your project
RPG Maker: Which RPG Maker are you using?
Type of Map: Outside, Inside, World, Dungeon, etc.
Specific Type: For example, if you want an Outside map, specify "Desert Oasis" or "Dark Forest", etc.
Details: Add details to what you want. The more details, the more accurate the map will be to what you want. If you have a basic map already made, post it. Please be descriptive and not vague.
Exits and Entrances: How does the player enter and leave?
Tileset: Tell me what tileset you want. Send me it or link to it in PM, or just specify RTP. If it's DLC, we can discuss that. Keep in mind there are tileset limitations. If you want something that is not possible with your tileset, I can't do it.
Size: Tell me the dimensions for the map, or if you don't know, just the general size. I won't do anything past 100 squares on either width or height, and the larger the map the more time it'll take. I would appreciate it if you would specify certain dimensions, but not needed.
Other: Anything that doesn't fit into these categories that you want

If you like my samples, PM me.
upload_2019-9-8_13-52-10.png
^ High Fantasy Resources for VX Ace
upload_2019-9-8_13-53-55.png
^ The Inquisitor's Tilesets for RMXP
upload_2019-9-8_13-54-29.png
^ RMXP RTP
upload_2019-9-8_13-55-37.png
^ VX Ace Zombie Survival Pack
upload_2019-9-8_13-56-7.png
^ Modern Day Tiles DLC
upload_2019-9-8_13-56-30.png
^ Royal Tiles DLC
upload_2019-9-8_14-9-6.png
^ Celianna's Free Tileset
upload_2019-9-8_14-11-38.png
^ RMXP RTP
upload_2019-9-8_14-12-4.png
^ RMXP RTP
upload_2019-9-8_14-12-34.png
^ RMXP RTP
upload_2019-9-8_14-43-6.png
^ RMMV RTP
upload_2019-9-8_14-49-28.png
^ RMMV RTP
Map001.png
^ Celianna's Free Tileset
Map001.png
^ Lunarea+Celianna's Steampunk Tiles

Finished requests:
@SmashArtist's village
upload_2019-9-9_6-31-55.png
@Gabriel-Chi's village
Map001.png

Keep in mind I am much better with exteriors than interiors.

Slots: (I will maybe add more as I get more comfortable)
1. @karmalakota
2. Free!

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im really bad at mapping and think alot how to do stuff, especially, while it get complicated on some events.
but I also got a nice idea how i can do some things in the wood as your image, because I try to combine many things
to create my maps, and while I got around 25 outside maps, I need to figure out how to do some caves and dungeons
parts :) But its good you give a workshop though =)

You have some more exterior examples?

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I added some more examples. Including a cave

Edit: Cool that you learned from my forest map :))

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, this is awesome!:kaojoy:
From the examples my favorites are the village and desert maps. I love their layouts and flow. I tend to have the most issues with those factors. Adding details is fine, but designing the size and base shapes in a map is difficult.

So therefore I'm going to make a request:
Project Name: Marsha Goes for a Walk [Working Title]
Goes along with my "Harold Grows a Tree" game-making practice series, but I may never complete it.
RPG Maker: MV
Type of Map: Outside
Specific Type: Village/town Edge
Details: So this map is supposed to show off a portion of the village/town that's near the path to the outside world(not exactly sure where it's going to lead but I'll give you details on what the path should look like). I've included a rough idea in the spoiler below, but keep in mind this is more of a general layout and doesn't need to be followed exactly. This village/town is surrounded by a variety of trees(indicated in my example with black tiles), and(possibly) a wooden fence serves as the border between the two. In the town there are various buildings, some are shops and most others are residential(feel free to do whatever with their appearance and placement). The white building should be a temple/church kind of building which should be comprised mostly of the color white(if you need the interior map for reference I'm willing to send you it through PM). The path to the outside world can have more of the fence on the sides and decorative grass tiles seeping through. I really like the paths and occasional trees in your example village map, so some of that here would be cool. Oh also don't worry about the left side transfer zones, I won't actually include the unseen rest of the village/town in the game at all. You don't need to go putting too much detail if you don't feel like it, as I might edit some parts later if I need it for a certain use.
Map002.png
Exits and Entrances: There are many entrances to buildings, but I can add those later. The main important transfer zone is at the end of the path leading outside the village.
Tileset: MV RTP "Outside"
Size: The example map is width50 x height40, but I'm totally fine with you editing the size a bit if you need to. :kaoblush:
Other: If you want you can theme some of the houses after the MV RTP "People" charset characters, as these are most likely going to be the people who inhabit them.

I'm worrying that this might be too big of a request as a starter. :kaoswt2:
If you need any extra details feel free to let me know. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post my request here or PM you, hopefully this is correct.
Thank you for opening this workshop, I look forward to seeing what you make!

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SmashArtist's request is complete, slot 1 is now open. WIll later put up image of the finished request

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wanted to say I'm really happy with what Nightblade50 created for me!
He made sure to check in with me once in a while to know if I wanted any changes or adjustments. When it was complete he sent me a link to download it from google drive and then all I had to do was copy the map and paste it in my main project. Works like a charm!
The map itself has a nice level of detail while also not being cluttered. Each building was unique but simple enough that I could edit it without worrying about ruining the whole look. Plus it was completed in just a day!

I will definitely be requesting more from Night if I ever need so again! :kaopride:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks nice :)

the one im working is still the town, Idk if it need to be increased, for the parts I need :D because I filter everything out
I dont need and add what I need to use.

But you do a pretty nice job though to help peoples out. Keep up the good work.
I hope there are things that I can use or combine with other things.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Announcement: Currently doing parallax mapping for small maps in VX Ace

karmalakota

Developer for Mountain Moon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if you charge for this sort of thing? Because I am in need of some help with making the maps for my game, since I am terrible at such things.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes
However it may be a little while before I get around to your request

karmalakota

Developer for Mountain Moon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh thank you very much.

Project Name: Mountain Moon
RPG Maker: Rpg MV
Parallax?: Editor, I believe?
Type of Map: Inside/Dungeon
Specific Type: Dwarven City
Details: In my game there is a massive dwarf city that you run around in. The hope is that one quarter (likely lower left) of the map has shops, the tavern and whatnot, another quarter (upper left) would have the entrance to the palace, another quarter (upper right) would have the rich city dwellings, and the last quarter (the lower right) would have stall vendors and the exit to the city.
Exits and Entrances: In the lower right, id like to have the city exit.
Tileset: I'm not picky about what tilesets are used since my own creative well has been drained, I have no idea what Im really looking at.
Size: As big as you're willing to make it..

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A lot of these are actually not half bad. I'm curious to know what the second sample is for (I see some tiles with letters and arrows on them). If I get lazy in my game (I don't like mapping too much, but I'm passable at it), I may shoot a request your way. One question, though, since I can't seem to find terms. Are you fine with edits? All of my game's maps are colour shifted.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Forgot about terms; will add those soon. Edits absolutely fine

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@karmalakota Okay quite a big map then
I can use the RTP
Do you want the outside tileset or the dungeon tileset, to make an overworld town or an underground city?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

About to go live with a drawpile stream! Me and some fellow artists will be drawing things based off of prompts!
If I post an item for sale on fb for $750 and say it's in excellent condition, what is going through someone's mind to make them think it is remotely acceptable to offer $300 for it?
Well if you're going to create a JRPG, learn from the best. DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition purchased ^-^
Oh man I was so stressed to launch my android demo It looks like it turned out fine when testing with play testers dayum its such a good feel :kaoangry:
I think I've seen 4-5 covers for Toss a Coin to Your Witcher by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SRR8