Nightblade50's Mapping Workshop

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by Nightblade50, Sep 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Welcome to my mapping workshop.

A lot of mapping talent is needed to post in Classifieds, and since I have very little of that in anything I use resource workshops.
    If you suck at mapping or don't want to spend the time, hit me up :p

I own every RPG Maker except for VX (though I own VX Ace). Thus I can almost definitely work with your maker. If you want a VX map done, I cannot do it. I work most often with XP and Ace, but can also do 2003 and MV.

I will not do parallax mapping at this time.

Request Template:
    Project Name
    : The name of your project
    RPG Maker: Which RPG Maker are you using?
    Type of Map: Outside, Inside, World, Dungeon, etc.
    Specific Type: For example, if you want an Outside map, specify "Desert Oasis" or "Dark Forest", etc.
    Details: Add details to what you want. The more details, the more accurate the map will be to what you want. If you have a basic map already made, post it. Please be descriptive and not vague.
    Exits and Entrances: How does the player enter and leave?
    Tileset: Tell me what tileset you want. Send me it or link to it in PM, or just specify RTP. If it's DLC, we can discuss that. Keep in mind there are tileset limitations. If you want something that is not possible with your tileset, I can't do it.
    Size: Tell me the dimensions for the map, or if you don't know, just the general size. I won't do anything past 100 squares on either width or height, and the larger the map the more time it'll take.
    Other: Anything that doesn't fit into these categories that you want

If you like my samples, PM me.
    upload_2019-9-8_13-52-10.png
    ^ High Fantasy Resources for VX Ace
    upload_2019-9-8_13-53-55.png
    ^ The Inquisitor's Tilesets for RMXP
    upload_2019-9-8_13-54-29.png
    ^ RMXP RTP
    upload_2019-9-8_13-55-37.png
    ^ VX Ace Zombie Survival Pack
    upload_2019-9-8_13-56-7.png
    ^ Modern Day Tiles DLC
    upload_2019-9-8_13-56-30.png
    ^ Royal Tiles DLC
    upload_2019-9-8_14-9-6.png
    ^ Celianna's Free Tileset
    upload_2019-9-8_14-11-38.png
    ^ RMXP RTP
    upload_2019-9-8_14-12-4.png
    ^ RMXP RTP
    upload_2019-9-8_14-12-34.png
    ^ RMXP RTP
    upload_2019-9-8_14-43-6.png
    ^ RMMV RTP
    upload_2019-9-8_14-49-28.png
    ^ RMMV RTP

Finished requests:
    @SmashArtist's village
    upload_2019-9-9_6-31-55.png

Keep in mind I am much better with exteriors than interiors.

Slots: (I will maybe add more as I get more comfortable)
    1. EMPTY
    2. EMPTY

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:03 PM
    SmashArtist and Kauzz like this.
  2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    im really bad at mapping and think alot how to do stuff, especially, while it get complicated on some events.
    but I also got a nice idea how i can do some things in the wood as your image, because I try to combine many things
    to create my maps, and while I got around 25 outside maps, I need to figure out how to do some caves and dungeons
    parts :) But its good you give a workshop though =)

You have some more exterior examples?

Nightblade50 likes this.
  3. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I added some more examples. Including a cave

Edit: Cool that you learned from my forest map :))

4. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, this is awesome!:kaojoy:
    From the examples my favorites are the village and desert maps. I love their layouts and flow. I tend to have the most issues with those factors. Adding details is fine, but designing the size and base shapes in a map is difficult.

So therefore I'm going to make a request:
    Project Name: Marsha Goes for a Walk [Working Title]
    Goes along with my "Harold Grows a Tree" game-making practice series, but I may never complete it.
    RPG Maker: MV
    Type of Map: Outside
    Specific Type: Village/town Edge
    Details: So this map is supposed to show off a portion of the village/town that's near the path to the outside world(not exactly sure where it's going to lead but I'll give you details on what the path should look like). I've included a rough idea in the spoiler below, but keep in mind this is more of a general layout and doesn't need to be followed exactly. This village/town is surrounded by a variety of trees(indicated in my example with black tiles), and(possibly) a wooden fence serves as the border between the two. In the town there are various buildings, some are shops and most others are residential(feel free to do whatever with their appearance and placement). The white building should be a temple/church kind of building which should be comprised mostly of the color white(if you need the interior map for reference I'm willing to send you it through PM). The path to the outside world can have more of the fence on the sides and decorative grass tiles seeping through. I really like the paths and occasional trees in your example village map, so some of that here would be cool. Oh also don't worry about the left side transfer zones, I won't actually include the unseen rest of the village/town in the game at all. You don't need to go putting too much detail if you don't feel like it, as I might edit some parts later if I need it for a certain use.
    Map002.png
    Exits and Entrances: There are many entrances to buildings, but I can add those later. The main important transfer zone is at the end of the path leading outside the village.
    Tileset: MV RTP "Outside"
    Size: The example map is width50 x height40, but I'm totally fine with you editing the size a bit if you need to. :kaoblush:
    Other: If you want you can theme some of the houses after the MV RTP "People" charset characters, as these are most likely going to be the people who inhabit them.

I'm worrying that this might be too big of a request as a starter. :kaoswt2:
    If you need any extra details feel free to let me know. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post my request here or PM you, hopefully this is correct.
    Thank you for opening this workshop, I look forward to seeing what you make!

5. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @SmashArtist
    Here or PM, whichever.
    I'll get started on the request :)

SmashArtist likes this.
  6. SmashArtist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Excited to see what you come up with! :kaojoy:

7. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @SmashArtist's request is complete, slot 1 is now open. WIll later put up image of the finished request

SmashArtist likes this.
  8. SmashArtist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wanted to say I'm really happy with what Nightblade50 created for me!
    He made sure to check in with me once in a while to know if I wanted any changes or adjustments. When it was complete he sent me a link to download it from google drive and then all I had to do was copy the map and paste it in my main project. Works like a charm!
    The map itself has a nice level of detail while also not being cluttered. Each building was unique but simple enough that I could edit it without worrying about ruining the whole look. Plus it was completed in just a day!

I will definitely be requesting more from Night if I ever need so again! :kaopride:

Nightblade50 likes this.
  9. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Picture of finished request put up in first post :)

SmashArtist and ShadowDragon like this.
  10. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks nice :)

the one im working is still the town, Idk if it need to be increased, for the parts I need :D because I filter everything out
    I dont need and add what I need to use.

But you do a pretty nice job though to help peoples out. Keep up the good work.
    I hope there are things that I can use or combine with other things.

Nightblade50 likes this.