RMMV Nina Aquila: Legal Eagle - Court is in session! (Update)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by EthanFox, Dec 9, 2018.

1. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: The final revision of Chapter 1, which brings in a load of community feedback (including suggestions made on this very forum) is now online!

[​IMG]

>>>> DOWNLOAD LINK <<<<
    Synopsis:

Battle for justice in an anime-themed world as Nina Aquila, defence attorney and bona fide Legal Eagle!

Nina Aquila: Legal Eagle is an anime-themed graphic adventure game, in which you play the role of a defence attorney. Fledge City is in crisis, and it's up to Nina Aquila and her friends to make sure justice prevails!
    • A fully-SFW graphic adventure
    • Take the role of a new defence attorney
    • Get to know a cast of quirky characters
    • Defend your client in court!
    The game currently contains 1 case, which acts as a tutorial, and is approx. 45-minutes to an hour in length - and is "complete", insofar as that additional chapters will be uploaded as new games, rather than as updates to this version.

With a tone that mixes crime with a light-hearted feel, a cast of quirky characters and a compelling story, NALE is intended as a homage to the Phoenix Wright franchise, but should appeal to all fans of anime & graphic adventures.

Premise

In each chapter, Nina takes on the case of a client who has been charged with a major crime, who she believes to be innocent. To prove this, she and her friends journey to different areas around Fledge City, gathering evidence, before going to court to fight for her client's cause.

Freshly qualified as a defence attorney, Nina's first few cases go well... But when her mentor is imprisoned for a crime she didn't commit, her career becomes a casualty of a secret war... A war that, unknown to Nina, is connected to her own past.

A great game is being played for the heart of the city by the ruthless and powerful, but right now, Nina doesn't even know who is playing, much less the rules. She will need to trust her friends and forge new alliances if she is to fight for justice and uncover the truth.​

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special Thanks:

Proper credits are provided on the product page and in-game; however, I want to take this moment to thank all of you for your help & encouragement; without that, I would never have been able to get this far.

This is an incredibly positive community of creative people, and you guys should be proud of that!

>>>> DOWNLOAD LINK <<<<

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Gianmher likes this.
  2. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just wanted to show off the new piece of artwork by Koahri that's going into Chapter 1's new banner!

[​IMG]

Gianmher and Marquise* like this.
  3. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. TheKeeper

TheKeeper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just wanted to say thank you for this great homage to Phoenix Write! I had a lot of fun playing it, and I think it did a wonderful job honoring the source of its inspiration while still managing to be its own charming, original story with charming, original characters. Awesome work, and I look forward to episode 2!

5. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have an announcement - In support of the staff of Kyoto Animation, NALE Chapter 1 has temporarily changed from "pay what you want/donate" to "no payments accepted", and I want to ask anyone who was considering donating to instead pledge to the GoFundMe that has been organised to help the employees in the aftermath of their recent tragedy. Some more info can be found here:

https://ethan-fox.itch.io/nale/devlog/90501/support-kyoto-animation

Marquise* likes this.
  6. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    *cybermental hugs*

As a veteran ol'geezer westerner traditional 2D animator, I do admit that I also feel deeply that we lost some brother in art.
    And it is a deep wound. No matter the race, nationality, beliefs or gender, it is way more profound than that.

Also heard that studio was really fair to its peoples, which is even more painful as to not be able to explain a why? It is a great haven to on things we love and find stimulating and being treated fairly and feeling safe while doing it. There is no greater blessing materially. That adds to the horror. Nobody was ready for that, and no one, nowhere ever would deserve this.

Thanks for doing that @EthanFox .

7. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the kind words; it's a terrible tragedy. I was surprised just how hard it hit me when I read through their filmography this week; so many families have lost someone - but my feelings are nothing stacked against those who are actually involved.

I felt kinda bad because I wanted to donate some cash myself, but I cleaned myself out this month paying for commissions, so it seemed like the best option. Also, their work was an inspiration for Nina's appearance. Nothing can replace those who have died, but if the money raised can at help those families cope financially for a few months after this, that will at least be of some practical help.

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Woah sh... I didn't realized they did the original series that you are inspired for your game. Sh**~! This is hard.

You did the right thing! You did the right thing.

9. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh no, I should say - it wasn't any specific series they made. It was more their general aesthetic; I looked for character artists who could produce something similar, as it has a soft, organic tone that I really love in the linework.

Marquise* likes this.
  10. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have only seen that trailer video and the screenshots you provided, and first thing that comes to my mind was Grand Theft Auto + Ace Artoney = this game. Lol, anyways, i'm still not clear what this game is about as i haven't even read your introduction yet, but just by looking at your maps and character busts, i'm also downloading the game right now lol. Presentation is good enough for me.

11. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! Interesting about the GTA thing; I guess the mode-7 city kinda looks a bit like GTA1. Also thanks for complimenting the character busts; they're commissions so I'll mention that next time I speak to the artists!

Marquise* likes this.
  12. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Marquise* likes this.