Nina Aquila: Legal Eagle III - "Legal Stage" - OUT NOW!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nina Aquila: Legal Eagle, Chapter III: "Legal Stage" is OUT NOW!

More info, as well as the the first 2 chapters that are available, can be found here: https://ethan-fox.itch.io/nina-aquila-legal-eagle-chapter-iii-legal-stage

This chapter is themed around illegal street racing, and uses a custom turn based battle mode, called "Touge Janken Racing", which is predominantly implemented via traditional RPG Maker eventing, though thanks go to UltraMode7 by Blizzard for making it possible to have a slight 3D touch.

Additionally, this chapter is a homage to street racing anime & manga, such as Initial D and Wangan Midnight.

SYNOPSIS

Following on from the Chapter II, Nina and Dylan have been looking into the events surrounding Anya's trial and arrest, but the volume of evidence is huge, and weeks have already passed without any leads.

Still, Aquila Defense & Law is a business, and when a person calling himself The King of Hearts comes to the door in the middle of the night, they have no choice but to take his case.

Something is wrong up in the mountains. Shockwaves are ringing through the world of Fledge City's illegal road racing scene: Clara Mass, longtime racer and The Ace of Spades has been murdered during a race, and several other racers have been accused of the crime. The fragile truce between the street racing groups is being stretched to breaking point, and police involvement threatens to end mountain road racing once and for all!

Now, Nina and Dylan must journey north of the streets of Fledge City to the snow-covered passes of The Rostro Spire, the tallest mountain in the region, to search for answers amid the high-octane sub-culture of Touge Janken Racing...

... but some truths can only be found in the heart of the drift!

SCREENSHOTS:

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
*searches for the jawdrop emote*

I might get someone to look at this ^^;
(I can do the animation of this, but never using RPGMaker in this fashion. I guess I'll have to get a good teacher or something when the time comes.)

ADDENDUM;
posted to couple of folks understanding me cybermentally like a puppy when it comes for animation perspective in RM.

isoovak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
cool shirt!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
cool shirt!
Thanks! I've actually ordered one myself, so I'm keen to see the finished product. I have a hoodie of the "Legal Fantasy" design and the quality was very good.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, been a little while since I updated this thread, so I just wanted to let you know about some Easter announcements.

Firstly, NALE Chapter 3 dev is still going. I'm now most of the way through the first 2 days of the chapter's events (out of 7, but progress generally gets faster after midway, when most new maps and assets have been created).

Secondly, we have a new piece of art for the savegame flow by the fantastic Neolucky, as well as a design on the merch store based on this image! Called "Sleeping Eagle", more info is available here:

Thanks everyone; I'm not always able to connect people but I know a bunch of you guys from here follow me over on itch, so thanks for your interest so far and hopefully Chapter 3's going to be the best one yet!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, just realised it's been a while since my last update!

A lot has happened since April.

Firstly, NALE Chapter 2 featured in a print magazine! I'll mention that in the Chapter 2 thread.

However, as for Chapter 3, I'm now most of the way through the core scripting, so we're on-course for an Autumn release!

NALE_Mag_Ad_Small.png

Things are really shaping up, with the menu-based racing mode, and loads of little touches, with more exciting news to come!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a quick update, we now have a new voice actor for Nina!

RachaelAnnounce.png

Nina will be voiced by Rachael Messer, a veteran voice actress from a variety of videogames & anime; recently voicing Enterprise in Azur Lane, as well as having a major role in the upcoming System Shock reboot!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small bit of news, NALE C3 is now in beta!

A number of members of the NALE community are now playing through the game and reporting bugs. We're also waiting for some other bits-and-pieces, mainly commissioned art which will be coming from artists to slot in.

Looking good for our Autumn release!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would to love to try this one out :)

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would to love to try this one out :)
Unfortunately we already have enough testers, but there will be opportunities in the future. If you want to keep up to speed with those, I recommend joining our discord! You can find the link at the game's page, linked in the first post.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to let you guys know that we've created our first release candidate build for Chapter III! We've have community members running final checks on it, but right now, we're putting together the final assets and work we need for launch.

We'll pick a date very soon, so if you don't want to miss that, consider [following me] over at itch.io!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, we've got a big announcment coming on Friday!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Our trailer just went up!

Pre-orders are open and we launch in 2 weeks!

Can a mod move us to "completed games"?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to Completed Games. Congratulations!

@EthanFox Just to be sure, your game will be free to play, right?

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Lot's of things to love here, the Deja Vu quote is gold btw!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxandris