Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
STORY SYNOPSIS

''Ningyo'' is a word for doll in Japan. Ningyo Heart is a journey of a man through a pit of hell and horror, in search for the beloved ones as well as a journey of finding his true self. The main theme in this horror game is friendship, romance & horror. Game play will focus on puzzle solving & survival horror (run and chase event).

FEATURES  

1. Be a guy and play with lots of dolls!

2. 2 possible endings!

3. Extreme survival with tons of enemies like teddy bear, Dora, Miku, etc.

4. Addition of romance and some sad elements with great twist.

5. Train your IQ and defeat them with puzzles and clues!

6. Extreme horror and jump scares in most of your steps.

7. Heartbeat sensor.

WORLD DEVELOPMENT. 

The game play takes over in the school first, where the main character will look for several clues for his missing friend before entering a horror world, taking place in an old mansion filled with dolls and puppets. A dark secret will be revealed through this journey of extreme horror.

You will be alone most of the time but you could interact with some of the dolls for clues and solving the puzzles to make a progress.
SCREENSHOT

[IMG]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/5740/screenshots/upgrade22.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/5740/screenshots/update_sc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/5740/screenshots/updatesc2.jpg[/IMG]

CHARACTERS 

Mamoru - Main protagonist. born with a weak heart and body, he is unable to live as other normal boys would be. Most of his time, his only friend was a teddy bear. Later, he meets a tomboyish Ami and they become close friends.
Ami- Mamoru's childhood friend with a personality close to a boy. Ami suddenly went missing when Mamoru awakes

from his coma.
CREDITS

1. Art, story and game play design : Mightydarkchocolate.

2. Animators, sprites creators and design : Kappa19, Watanuki-kun

3. Run testers :Leigh, Watanuki-kun

SOURCES

1. Borrowed soundtrack from Final fantasy, Michael Buraeu and D-Grayman.

2. Sound effects : Soundbible.com

3. Free tilesets : Zanyzora.com

4. Light script : Kellesdee

VIDEO GAME PLAY

Note : an old video trailer, but actually it had been completed.

This game had been posted at rpgmaker.net (you can check for more details, discussion.)

NOTE : WALKTHROUGH IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THIS SITE TOO!

http://rpgmaker.net/games/5740/

Download Full version :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ivcasr5zceh6l2b/dolls.exe

[IMG]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4407/0od8.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a recent update to the game project. Monsters bios or characters that you will encounter in the games. I had put lots of efforts to create them in a month and tried my best to make them scary, although it made me got nightmares making it. 

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img809/7527/gyq4.jpg[/IMG]
If you a rpg horror gamers, pretty please try my demo. I will guarantee you won't be disappointed by it. In meantime while waiting for feedbacks, I will tinkering more sprites as well advanced puzzle mechanism.  :)

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
i hope im not being too harsh:

1. the map is bland and too much open space without stuff going around, feels pretty empty.

i know theres probably reason like a gameplay and such, but there is still stuff you can put there like dirt/crack/ or even trash.

the map already have a crack wall and stuff, why not make rubble and stone scattered around? or maybe a broken pillar? so much stuff to do.

theres a doll there, maybe make pieces of broken doll (parts of their hand/leg/even head) , blood , scratch mark ,pieces of wood, warping portal, etc

2. i think this is because i was too used to see rtp, but the map and the monster character does not match each other, both of them have different style.

monster character have like painting style, and the map is pixel.

3.the character have different style than the "monster" , best if you just make your own style of character.

1. Does the atmosphere too dark or fine as it is?
no its fine, some game have even darker atmosphere.

i havent tried it, but i will later on

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i hope im not being too harsh:

1. the map is bland and too much open space without stuff going around, feels pretty empty.

i know theres probably reason like a gameplay and such, but there is still stuff you can put there like dirt/crack/ or even trash.

the map already have a crack wall and stuff, why not make rubble and stone scattered around? or maybe a broken pillar? so much stuff to do.

theres a doll there, maybe make pieces of broken doll (parts of their hand/leg/even head) , blood , scratch mark ,pieces of wood, warping portal, etc

2. i think this is because i was too used to see rtp, but the map and the monster character does not match each other, both of them have different style.

monster character have like painting style, and the map is pixel.

3.the character have different style than the "monster" , best if you just make your own style of character.

no its fine, some game have even darker atmosphere.

i havent tried it, but i will later on
Thanks for the feedbacks, and hopefully you could try the demo first.

1.  I had fixed that few maps (not all, if you tried the demo, you will see differences) will have bigger space for the run and chase event with enemy. If it too narrow, then the player couldn't even react toward it. Regardless to map being so bland, I will try to put more touches soon on it, but no blood, since there are only dolls in the house. However, an exception will be made toward the map with Boss fight.

2. I decided to create characters, especially dolls aka monsters like that, although they seems weird, alien and unnatural, but they are dolls and this weird feature will attract player to interact with them & extinguish them from the rest of dolls that blend with the map because they hold big clues for puzzles.

3. Guess the atmosphere fine as it is. As for the video game play request, Here it is, Just done uploading it.

MihooSayuki77

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I tried to be fair not to judge from the map so, I gave the demo a try. & it really scared me hell a lot & it was a good job & I am enjoyed it. I thought I could get a heart attack! the doll's face appear behind a window for split seconds, puppet lying on floor suddenly came alive and chasing you, hands popping out from floor, etc made me scream endlessly.

[IMG]http://s22.postimg.org/ywkqdnfmp/image.jpg[/IMG]
I don't mind the map being bland. somehow it made me easier to find clues with less objects around. The story is really hook me up & I am really curious about what happened to the dude's girlfriend. The boss battle with puzzle combination is pretty fun and unique. hope you could explain more detail on how it works.

overall, as for feedback I think the puzzle is an average level (not too hard but not too easy either) & the atmosphere is fine as it was. Hope to see more.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks MihooSayuki77 for trying the demo. I could expect few people want to give the demo a try but it didn't broke my spirit down. I'll add your and Supercow feedback to notice (I had reduced space size for some maps that didn't involved run & chase event) & what you see from the video is where the game progress had stopped & I will wait for few more feedbacks before even continuing it even further.

Boss aka enemy fight will appear at different level. When it happens, the door will be locked & a puzzle will be triggered. Since you had tried the demo, I am being nice by giving full hint through text on how to defeat the puppet boss but for second and next boss fight, I won't (see Miku's fight in the video).

Your only clue or live saver is a note which you can notice easily in the room (see note on the bookshelf). You gonna have to read and remember the clue first before confronting the boss. Different enemy requires different ways to 'defeat em'. I just done with the little sister dolls fight scene (which isn't showed in the video) & abruptly stop this project. ;)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had been brainstorming for the upcoming second phase game play while waiting for the feed backs. This is one of the puzzle I had come up with that I would loves to share. Maybe it could gives an idea or inspires others as well.

1. Let's say, put a situation where you in a room with several open windows & suddenly, the monster pop outside the window and try to break the window.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img689/4586/7kgv.jpg[/IMG]
2. Time will start as soon as the doll appear. you need to hurry & close the window with th curtain before time runs out!

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img12/199/xglb.jpg[/IMG]
3. The monster won't give up easily. it will try to break other windows as well. so you won't be like ''yes! I am save!'' so easily after closing the first window. Lets see what happens when time runs out...

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img819/321/qdp4.jpg[/IMG]
I saw the conjuring movie..Gives me an idea about making

blind folding game where player will stand in front of certain statue, the screen turns dark for awhile & player will have to guess where the doll is, if it at your (Left, right, front or back?) after select  an answer. screen will become bright again and if you guessing right, you can move to next statue but if you guess wrong, you should know what happened. Worry not, clue will be given.
Further notice, I won't add any character graphics or arts. I will make a bet this game strength will depend on the story plot and variable game play settings/creations..

By the way, Thanks aka arigato for anyone whom had tried the demo! if you get problem with the game please state it here. I guess I need to be mentally prepared for any outcomes from the demo. One thing for sure, most maps had been upgraded for now but I won't upload any upadate to the demo. :D

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Announcement : This game had been completed like 3 days ago and I just edit this post before asking the mod to remove this to the complete game section. Be warned this full version had been polished and added with tons of jump scares! No bugs and errors since we had done lots of run testing to ensure the quality of this game! enjoy!

ncamissar

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know why, but every time I press New Game it crashes. Yes, I do have the rtp/compatibility packs.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know why, but every time I press New Game it crashes. Yes, I do have the rtp/compatibility packs.
It could be the game file is corrupted when you downloaded it or extracted it into a game folder. It's in exe file & the size should be 56mb (disrupt file will be lower sized). Also take note certain antivirus will detect exe file as harmful items and will disrupt it. Try to re-download again.

But if this still continue, reply & I will try to extract the game exe into a game folder and give you another link through PM for download, but it might took a day or two.

You have a rtp packs for rpg xp right? 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamicon