No bun intended: BUNTOKI

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by csg, Jul 2, 2014.

1. csg

csg Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    [​IMG]
    A game by csg and Sabaku

Hello rpgmakerweb.

phew, I feel kinda bad for posting this advertising thread as my first in this community :D But we really worked hard and are proud to present our game. :) This is a finished game indeed - but from this we want to expand it even more! =)

[​IMG]
    *click me*
      v 1.0 "moe moe kyun (Win32)"
    -Bugs inclusive-

p.s. Anti virus software such as avast and avira might give you a false positive, but rest assured that we only deliver freshly baked goods and no viruses.

[​IMG]

Buntoki (portmanteau: bun and toki : jap., time ) is a short bakery-simulation. The player slips into the role of baking-maid Sophie. Help her earn enough money to save her mother's bakery from being torn down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Playing Buntoki is all about handling the small nuances of running a bakery: Administrating and supplying your storage, kneading and baking bread and pastries and of course selling your products. The game might start of easy enough, but to save the bakery, small change in your coffers will not cut it.

You won't be making real money with hot buns alone, rather by uncovering and making use of hidden recipes which you might unlock with a bit of experimentation. But be wary, for as soon as your bakery gets a reputation for its delectable donuts and beautiful baisers, a swarm of customers might storm your shop - keep a cool head and your wits about you and you may handle the delicate balancing act of kneading, baking and selling, to keep your customers!

[​IMG]

- Baking system: Stick to known recipes or create your own!

- A cheerful postman, adding puns to the buns.

- Make sure, that your bakery is on everyone's lips -

- A total of 6 different pastries wait to be made!

[​IMG]
    Buns: A classic and the meat and potato of any baker-shop 50g flour and 30 Minutes is all you need to get started!

[​IMG]
    Pan bread: For when a regular-sized bread just is not enough!

[​IMG]
    Boule: Bread - like a bun but larger and better-rounded.

[​IMG]
    Crossaint: A shining Crescent Moon on the firmament of dough.

[​IMG]
    Baiser: Small, sweet and eggy. Crunchy, still.

[​IMG]
    Donut: Taking a sweet peek at the peak of sweets!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Programming: csg
    Story/Text: csg/Sabaku
    Graphics: Sabaku

Music:
    Pamgaea, Master of the Feast, Nothing Brogen, Silly Fun        
    all done by
    Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
    Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Betatesting:
    Gendrek, Icetongue

Support our project if you like it! =)

And visit us here:
    csg - http://umaikigames.tumblr.com/

Sabaku - http://thegamingsketchbook.tumblr.com/
              http://mephistonosabaku.deviantart.com/            

Arkecia likes this.
  2. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is charming! Though I found myself learning a lot by failed experimentation. ((Knowing things like that all my bread would disappear overnight would have been good. I was hoping I'd just get to sell stale loaves in the morning. Or what my store hours were lol)) I played the first day a couple of times. I'll probably pick this up again later down the road when there's less contest games to try out and I can put some dedicated time into it. Heaven knows I like silly, cute little simulation games. :)

The baking time seems a bit unforgiving though; it felt like I was burning things with only one or two minutes past on the clock. (which is probably realistic, but in a game sense, especially one bent on multitasking and time management, it might be good to put a little more leeway in there. Not much! But a little more. Since you want the player to be cooking, and selling, and kneading in tandem and not wasting their precious minutes hovering over the oven.) That's just my opinion though, maybe I'm just not cut out to save the bakery! heh

Best of luck in the contest! I hope more people here check your game out. Hey people, come play this charming little game!

3. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's my very quick and sketchy take on the game (link for info on why it's so short and all that jazz)

Can’t say nothing about this game since I could not play it :I

+It seemed really cute?
    +The mapping was nice
    +The dialog beeps and display was cute and energetic.
    -I can’t see sheep, yo XD

To the developer: I could not play this game, as something prevented me from seeing the sprites and I could not really play like that. If it gets fixed I’ll give it a twirl after the list is finished.

4. csg

csg Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    aww, really unfortunate that you got this bug =( We we're so happy seing it being played as a video! There is already a bugfix for this, the link is in one of my comments for the game. Here it is again: http://www.umaikigames.com/buntoki_fix_1.zip

Hope you try it again! =)