No Files Found in MV Project?

Cjdgame

The Azure Falcon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So... I feel like I'm missing something, because I have NO files/images/bgm apparently loaded in my project. They're in the folder for my project!!! (games/[insert game name]/audio/bgm or games/[insert game name]/img/faces etc. etc.)

But when I go to change say, a characters face to change it, it says I have "(None)" to be selected.

When I go to sound test BGM it says I have "(None)".

When I go to change the tilesets it says I have "(None)"

Is there something I need to click on or some way I need to okay the files to load via the program? Are those folders not the ones they need to be in? Or are things glitching on me?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Double check that they are in the folder for the project, and not the master folder that all projects are made from. If you add them to the master folder, they are only imported over when the project is created and no other time.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, but MV has an automatic filter for wrong or damaged files.

First check if you're in the correct project folder by opening the project in the editor and then going to the menu "game - open folder".

Are those the folder where your files are?

If yes, please check which file formats you have and if you can open the files in windows.

Additionally, if you moved files into that folder while the program was open, you might have to close and reopen before the files are detected correctly.

Cjdgame

The Azure Falcon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Double check that they are in the folder for the project, and not the master folder that all projects are made from. If you add them to the master folder, they are only imported over when the project is created and no other time.
They're definitely in the folder for the project. I haven't added any custom images or music yet, it's all content that came with the program.

Did you change NewData in the original MV folders?
No, I did not change the original folders in any way. Is there one that I need to change?

Edit:

No, but MV has an automatic filter for wrong or damaged files.

First check if you're in the correct project folder by opening the project in the editor and then going to the menu "game - open folder".

Are those the folder where your files are?

If yes, please check which file formats you have and if you can open the files in windows.

Additionally, if you moved files into that folder while the program was open, you might have to close and reopen before the files are detected correctly.
Like stated above, I'm in the correct folder.

Music plays M4A format and there's an OGG file. I am also able to view images.

Also I have not moved or added any files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Try reinstalling MV and make a new project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cjdgame

The Azure Falcon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try reinstalling MV and make a new project.
I just finished the download and made a new project, no luck. Still says "(None)" when trying to select an image, music, tileset, etc.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where are your projects? Can you tell us the complete path to that directory?

It might be that the directory is restricted or contains non-latin letters in its name, that can cause problems.

Can you tell us the exact version number of your newly-Installed RMMV? (Help-About)

What is the name/company of your antivirus software? (there are a few companies that keep blocking RMs)

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Have you tried a different location for the game folder? (when you click on "New Game", change the location path to someplace other than the default). It could be a problem with that. :)

Cjdgame

The Azure Falcon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Where are your projects? Can you tell us the complete path to that directory?

It might be that the directory is restricted or contains non-latin letters in its name, that can cause problems.

Can you tell us the exact version number of your newly-Installed RMMV? (Help-About)

What is the name/company of your antivirus software? (there are a few companies that keep blocking RMs)

Have you tried a different location for the game folder? (when you click on "New Game", change the location path to someplace other than the default). It could be a problem with that. :)
Both of you would indeed be correct. For some reason I have a "#" in my username on my computer. After moving the game to just the :C drive it loaded the files correctly. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ