omega1227

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to get rid of "Game Over"? As in, when the player is defeated, they're warped back to the base instead of getting the Game Over screen. I've been looking at Common Events and trying to figure it out that way, but I can't get it. Any ideas/thoughts? Maybe a script? Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either a plugin or some tricky eventing to prevent the full death in battle.
Searching for a plugin is probably easier.

omega1227

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found a plugin that seems to work pretty well. Thanks.

DrinkableTrees

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For reference for anyone who doesn't want to use a plugin, if you simply want someone to have a game over being they get teleported to another area, you can set the win conditions for the battle so that they are "able" to lose. That way, when they lose, you can transfer them to another area and even full heal them if you desired to!

Raol

Cat Magic Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For reference for anyone who doesn't want to use a plugin, if you simply want someone to have a game over being they get teleported to another area, you can set the win conditions for the battle so that they are "able" to lose. That way, when they lose, you can transfer them to another area and even full heal them if you desired to!
You can do so with event battles but not with random encounters

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can make controllable random encounters by using a parallel process common even that runs battles over and over again. You just need to set the troop Id to a variable and then when you transfer to the make set the variable to random ids of battles ie set the variable to numbers 1-4. If you have variables that have 3, 5, 7 and 9, then you need to variables, one to act like a dice that would roll a number and then use a conditional branch to check the dice variable and under each branch set the troop variable to a specific troop id.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sorcuris