Not open for further replies.

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
ZoroarX here asking another question. Well, today, in my project, there will be a part only for experienced players (After the Main Story, of course). It's called the No Return Point, when you just enter that point, you'll save, but then until you get out of there, you won't be able to save anymore. How do I block and unblock the saves?

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using the event that sends the player to the area, on the third tab of event commands, under System Settings, there's a button called Change Save Access.  Here, you can make it so that players can't save until they run into an event that allows them to save.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sel Feena

All your VX Ace are belong to us
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty sure it's one of the Event commands. After entering the 'Point of no Return' you'd call an Autorun event that would disable it. Upon exiting the 'Point of no Return', you'd call an Autorun to reenable.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

djDarkX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't even have to be autorun.  It can be used on the teleport event.  Restrict access before or after they have teleported and when they leave, re-enable.  Easy as pie.

Example:

Player Touch -

Save Access: Disable

Transfer Player:[xxxx:MAPxxxx] (x,x)

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Doesn't even have to be autorun.  It can be used on the teleport event.  Restrict access before or after they have teleported and when they leave, re-enable.  Easy as pie.

Example:

Player Touch -

Save Access: Disable

Transfer Player:[xxxx:MAPxxxx] (x,x)
Using the event that sends the player to the area, on the third tab of event commands, under System Settings, there's a button called Change Save Access.  Here, you can make it so that players can't save until they run into an event that allows them to save.
Pretty sure it's one of the Event commands. After entering the 'Point of no Return' you'd call an Autorun event that would disable it. Upon exiting the 'Point of no Return', you'd call an Autorun to reenable.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Thanks to Sel Feena and djDarkX, you guys helped me and I can finally get ready to release my game soon. The No Return Point is the lastest challenge of the entire game.

djDarkX

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem and good luck!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PopeUrban