Drake-_-Azric

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on designing my game and need to know how many tiles wide and high I can fit on screen at once. It's for a Zelda-type action/puzzle game, in which each map is 1 screen with no scrolling.

I know I can change the screen resolution with plugins, and I currently have it set to 1248×720 with Yanflys Core Engine, giving me 26 tiles wide by 15 tiles high. I am also using Cross Engine for pixel movement and ABS.

Is this size going to cause me any problems in the long run? Is there a different size or option I should be going with?

Ideally I'd like to use custom assets instead of the RTP. Is there anything I need to know or keep in mind while creating them? With pixel movement and custom maps, do I need to stick to tile size, or would I be able to change the size right to 1280 without problems?

Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaphat