No thread, obviously new to this.

Mark Diezmo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know how this works since i'm new and i barely even do this. So, i've been going through multiple people's post to see if there's a way for me to make something. Anyways, i wanted to make an RPG where there are two kinds of shops. One of them, you're already familiar with the actual shop, the other one i've been planning is called "Soul Merchant shop" as the name implies, it's a shop to trade an item called "Soul" there four of them actually. They are, Blue, Red, Green and Gold. Think of the colors as an indication of quality or Rarity. Blue for low quality, Green for something close to Medium quality, Red for High and lastly Gold is Extremely rare since it's going to be hard to find. But, i do plan on making them easy to find, all three can be found within a place their color is based on. The gold one can only be found in a Holy ground. Anyways, enough with that, is there a way to create a trade event that use those 4 to trade for certain items? I don't plan on changing the real shop though, i only want to try on new ways of trade. PS: I'm still a green horn, thus, i don't have any experience on posting. Please, if this is able to reach you, by all means give your respond. Oh, i forgot one thing. This involves RPG Maker vx ace by the way.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mark Diezmo 'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes that relate to the making of games. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using. Unfortunately you have not included that in the information on your Profile page so that it appears under your avatar, so I can't move this to where it needs to go.

Please post to say which engine it is. You might also like to edit your profile page so that it is clear in the future which one it is.

Mark Diezmo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry, as i said. I'm a green horn. New to this site.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RPGMaker VX Ace[/move]
[mod]Please give your topics a meaningful title, one which gives an indication of the type of query you have. Queries such as "Help plz!" or "I have a problem" or "Newcomer, & I'm stuck" does not provide enough information. It's quite possible that people will just skip by it in the New Posts/New Threads thinking that's what it is. It also means that if anyone in the future has the same sort of query, they will be unable to find this and (hopefully) the solution.[/mod]
Don't be off put by the blue text. That is to show that it is a Mod message with something important

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mark Diezmo it is possible to create a different kind of shop. The main difference lies within the implementation. If you want the new shop to look like a normal shop, but with a different currency instead, you definitely need a script for that. If, on the other hand, you want to achieve that using events, you could use choices and conditional branches.

So the question I am asking you is: how do you want the shop to look like?

Mark Diezmo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Heirukichi - Nah, i don't want it to look like a shop. Perhaps what i was asking is nearly impossible. Anyways, it's about near what you said about choices and conditional branches. Since i'm new here, so even i don't know what i am asking for but it's like having a quest giver asking for things. Example: The quest giver is asking is for is 3 blue souls in exchange for 1 bread. Kind of like that but in events since i still want the shop be there when buying normal things. If it's impossible then i'll just toss this idea of mine. I only did this since my character is like an assassin but likes to collect souls in exchange for items. (Cough)... More like a collector than an assassin. This idea of mine is almost impossible, that is understandable anyways since i am still new to this.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is exactly what is being done by control variables and conditional branches and similiar event commands
I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and take a few weeks to work through the tutorials listed there, especially the "variables guide" and one of the eventing tutorials.

The solution you need is extremely difficult to describe if you do not know how to use variables - it is basically mathematics to count how many souls the player has, to substract the numbers from storage variables and to add whatever is purchased on the choice of the player.
But once you have that basic knowledge of handling variables and mathematics, it usually becomes easy quickly.

Mark Diezmo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar - Guess, it's practice time. Late reply. Busy with the sunlight.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just as a quick hint on checking the number of a type of "Souls" the player has: You can set any variable equal to the number of a specific item a player has by using the "Control Variables" event command and choosing "Game Data" -> "Item __ in Inventory". So as long as you are tracking Souls as items, you're halfway there. Use that variable in a Conditional Branch to make sure it's at least the amount you need to have to trade (in this case 3 for Bread), and then inside that Branch complete the exchange by adding and removing Blue Soul/Bread items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oersted_LAL