Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would a forest at the center of the town be pushing it a little too far? The idea I'm kicking around at the moment would have something like that. Think a town park, but instead of being purely recreational it has significance to the local inhabitants in some fashion.
Something like a park in the center of town should work I think.

I am working on a minigame-collection. Would limiting the game to an amusement park in a city fall within the premise of this jam?
Yes. Would be fine.

Just to make sure, as I dont want to assume, but we can make interiors for all the building on the map, or just the dungeon on the map?
Number of maps doesn't really mater, you can use as many maps as you want, as long as its all considered one town/village/city in the world itself.

Jarredacs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been playing around with rpg maker for awhile but haven't really made much out of it. I might give this a go

Ailius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Frankly, this isn't a competitive event with a prize pool or even a ranking system. This might be a situation where it's better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission regarding what is and is not "within the limits of a town".

That being said, general forum rules still apply and are still rigid, such as this forum's PG-13 rating. My question is: if you do that thing where the character is nude but you keep putting obstacles between them and the viewer's point of view, is that still within community guidelines?

QuantumCapybara

Money Can't Buy Capyness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, so my second question about the setting restriction, opposite side of my first one, do we need a whole town that players can explore or is a game set entirely inside a building or house okay?

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Although I really wanted to participate, unfortunately, there's just too much on my plate right now. It's weird that I actually have more work now when stuck at home than before, but that's just the way it is it seems.

Might be able to do the Play Jam though. Looking forward to everyone's games! Have fun everyone!

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@QuantumCapybara: I'd imagine that it's perfectly acceptable to have the game take place in a single building. After all, the goal is to limit the game scope to one town at most (to avoid travelling), not to impose a minimum size. I'm working on a game which happens in one manor and its premises, too.

To the staff, thank you for this idea! It helped me to finally end my hiatus and get back to RPG Maker. Hopefully this initial burst of inspiration will lead to a finished game as well. :LZSsmile:

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is the place to submit? It may be silly question, but I have no idea.

hinola

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I suppose we can submit a thread of a non finished game to show the progression

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To submit your project, post a link to it in this thread: LINK
Submission thread for reviews will go up next Monday (April 13th)
So, is this where "register your entry up to April 13th" and no second chance?
Or, can I postpone it until the last deadline (because I'm not sure if I'm able it finish it at all)?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, is this where "register your entry up to April 13th" and no second chance?
Or, can I postpone it until the last deadline (because I'm not sure if I'm able it finish it at all)?
I'm just spacing out when I start the threads so that people don't just spam review the first three games posted in the submissions thread. (Also, because I'm lazy and didn't want to make another thread today even though its like 3 sentences and takes 2 minutes.)

The submissions for projects are still open until the end of April, and the submissions for reviews are still open until the end of May.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome my games eventing is 1/3rd complete. All the map designs are done just need decorating and about 3 plugins I haven't set up yet. I'm gonna try and finish mine submission by the 10th cuz when FF7 releases i'll be a ghost lol

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I should really need to be more active here.

khalifa30000

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does no travel mean teleporting is not allowed ? (like doors to a house)

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have one other question, could use this as an oppurtunity to finish a game I previously started, as long as it is set in one town?

Nevermind, after the game I had in mind, I am not sure how to progress its story.

Last edited:

The cute chicken

Cute Chicken Games
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like this Game Jam because I don't have to think to much about the story of the game. I'm going to use something similar to the first Bard's Tale. An evil wizard trapped everyone in the city and you have to stop it.

But I have to hurry, I'm still making the assets of the game. I was thinking, it's allowed to use old stuff or everything should be done during the Jam? (I wanted to do everything, but I think that's a little unrealistic.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

• Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
    Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
    It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
    For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
    Code:
    Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
    SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
    GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
    Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    abhikhurana