Dama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Dama I remember playing a game years ago called 'Who Killed Touchfuzzy?' Presumably he's going to die in this one too.
I have a whole idea for the story but how and what happens in details is for whenever I reach that point.

See I'm just imagining a game where the heroes are trying to leave the town, but I keep showing up to tell them the rules say they can't leave.

Also, yeah we did several contests pre RMW days back on RMVX.net that were community games (so lots of characters were community members and there were lots and lots of injokes). Which was where Who Killed Touchfuzzy came from. Also In Midnight, which was my favorite cause the injokes were just so good.
That's exactly what you did, imprison everyone in their town. I don't know if you have any motivation, I made you come out of nowhere.

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to have to work to try and figure out how to not lose the humor while editing my new game Magical girl Z that I made for both the magical girl jam and this one... the humor just got a bit more adult :/ perhaps if I made a more pg-13 version as an extra download?

Either way:
Do you like magical girls? Do you like darker renditions of the genre while making fun of it? Do you like ZOMBIE FIGHTS?!?! Well then Magical Girl Z is for you! Meet Zelle, a middle aged office worker convinced that someone must have slipped something in her coffee because suddenly this dog is saying she must become a magical girl to save her city from zombies?!?
title screen2.PNG
Lots of fun making custom enermy battlers for Vexed Enigma's Pop! Horror assets! It's almost done so I'm super excited! More screenshots in the spoiler.
explosion.PNGbattle system.PNGcs1.PNGcs8.PNG

Attachments

• cs7.PNG
    cs7.PNG
    97.3 KB · Views: 8

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to thank the Mods for hosting this Game Jam. I learned a great deal, and I'm very excited to share our game with you, and experience the games you all created!

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GoodSelf @SmashArtist my feelings exactly i told my fiance I finished my game and have been in a really zen place these last few days feeling so accomplished and proud of my little game especially since it was an idea I had for quite some.time and was able to execute almost exactly how I envisioned it.

This was a truly empowering experience and I'm not afraid to try a competition based jam in the future.

P.S it's also an AWESOME chance to use assets that I come across and love but know dont fit anywhere in my main project.

Silverpence

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't made an game on RPG Maker in a very long time, maybe it's time to try again. I'm in!

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started a new project 5 days ago, and unfortunately I don't think I can finish it in time... It's a shame I began my project so late. You guys are going to accept demos by any chance?

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay. I finished in time. Now I need my eyes and button smashing finger replaced. I think I managed a mechanic the really kind of resembles Zelda/Y's. So, my game should be quick to play through. I'd post another link in this thread - but I'm kind of tired of looking at it after last night's debugging-run!

It's amazing how many bugs can weasel into your project when you move from one map to another to work on another part of it!

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
> All that's left for me is final cutscene, final room and testing

Question, does it end on the 30th exactly or is there leeway? Because I am so frustratingly close to finishing and want to add mine.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
> All that's left for me is final cutscene, final room and testing

Question, does it end on the 30th exactly or is there leeway? Because I am so frustratingly close to finishing and want to add mine.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but all submissions need to be in by 11:59pm GMT on April 30th, which is also 7:59pm EST.

Ceres-Eris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished my game and submitted a project thread for it. Just waiting for it to be approved then I'll edit this post.

Edit: It got approved. Thanks whoever mod did that, I submitted my game to the submission thread.

One thing I will say, is that towards the end of April I was actually starting to get anxious and a tight chest of maybe I won't finish with the deadline in time. Well, I'm glad I did and I'm very glad gam makking is just a fun recreational hobby of mine and not my full time job as this sorta thing is probably something professionals deal with every project.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but all submissions need to be in by 11:59pm GMT on April 30th, which is also 7:59pm EST.

This is correct.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, I will be on tomorrow for the last couple of hours approving threads, but try not to wait until the last second!

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
oof! Did I just see a double post?!?

I won't be able to finish my game in time... poo poo.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I get to double post because honestly who is going to tell me no.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got a question; Are we allowed to update our entries during May?
I'm a little strapped for time and might not be able to remove all of the bugs in my game. If someone found a bug in the game that made the player unable to continue, would we be allowed to fix it and update the game?

LVGames

Welcome to Sword Swinging Super Slashers®
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wont be done until the last second.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krawm