Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. The debug console is popping up because there is an error in the formula, this isn't a normal part of RPG Maker. This is something that Yanfly added for extra error handling.

2. The error says "CUSTOM STATE 59 CODE ERROR". Can you please show a screenshot of state #59? Especially need to see the notetag where the error formula is defined.

3. The JS error is "undefined is not a function". This means that something in that code is trying to execute (a function) for something that is not actually defined.

These are the four options where the error could be coming from, because these are the four things that are trying to be called as functions.
  • this.isHpEffect
  • this.getItemElements
  • element.contains
  • target.addBuff

If you don't know JS, where did you get this code from?

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice find.

@Iliassine My guess is that "this.getItemElements" is the culprit and you don't have the Element Core installed. The video shows 4 required plugins, do you have all of them installed?
  • YEP Core Engine
  • YEP Auto Passive States
  • YEP Buffs and States Core
  • YEP Element Core

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you want to remove the debug console?
It's usually in YEP Core Engine where you can toggle on/off debug console

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I passed through all the states with the word pad and every note stuff I could use, but I didn't find any of the overheat tag. I'll try to remove everything then retyping the tags that were there.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That will not help, if a code is faulty, it will be just as faulty if you don't change anything about it. Perhaps you could try answering what @Aloe Guvner suggested before doing anything crazy.

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
That will not help, if a code is faulty, it will be just as faulty if you don't change anything about it. Perhaps you could try answering what @Aloe Guvner suggested before doing anything crazy.
It seems that the Element core has something to do because (even if i don't remember when it happend) I found it set on off in the plugin manager. I tried to turn it on and "syntax error".

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Found it and removed it. Still an unexpected number. I'll dig it for now. :LZSskeptic:

Nevermind, I just deleted the tag and the plugin, so I guess i'll have to deal with it when I'll have to do a multi-element skill. But I'd like to thank you all sincerely for the time you took for me, and I'm truly sorry of the problems I've been causing.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.
Decided to work on my game a little bit, made this Motel looking building. I am still on temporary hiatus though as getting Therapy is more difficult than I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drackro023