Noise Removal from MV Audio Base Resources

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Ms Littlefish, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there, guys! I don't know who else has noticed, but when listening through much of the MV audio through headphones there is an ever present hissing noise. This is especially noticeable in soft songs and non looping sounds such as MEs and SEs. Anyway, no need to babble. It's rather easy to remove so that's what I'm working on!

I was given the go ahead to share this. The file includes a .ogg and .m4a of with the hissing completely removed. 

Oct 23rd, 2015: Scene 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/brwlmhxtiox4g8h/Scene%201%20%28hiss%20removal%29.rar?dl=0

November 4th, 2015: MEs and BGS https://www.dropbox.com/s/855s6o7938zldrk/audio.rar?dl=0

January 3rd, 2016: Complete "Games" Folder https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3jqki6plzk1lj3/Games.rar?dl=0

Absolutely all credits to Kadokawa, no need to credit me. You must own MV to download and use these edits

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  2. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Upon further inspection, most of the audio files have some degree of these noise artifacts present and benefited from noise removal.

I’m going to be dropping off a few more batches of restored game audio with these artifacts removed. I’ll be holding on to the BGMs for awhile longer. While I did manage to remove the noise from them; I need to reset the loop points (fantastic). However, below are the MEs and BGS that needed noise removal (also in OP for convenience).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/855s6o7938zldrk/audio.rar?dl=0

Since the resources are separated into two places, the game folder and the BaseResource folder; I separated them as well in the download so file replacement would be easier when unpacking them. 

Nightblade50 likes this.
  3. elwooha6

elwooha6 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Fantastic work, it bugged the crap out of me that the audio was so fuzzy sounding.

4. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem at all! The rest will be coming in a few days. A lot of technical issues can cause these kinds of noises when exporting audio, but thankfully it's quite easy to remove. There are just a lot of files! Some of the songs only have the teeny-tiniest amount of the noise, but I'm a completionist and plan to go through every file anyway.

SkySurfer and MintDrop like this.
  5. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry if this is a necro, but you are an audio angel, Ms Littlefish!

Ms Littlefish likes this.
  6. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aww, thank you so much! And, I want everyone to know that I plan on finishing the audio restoration. But, you guys know how things go once Thanksgiving hits. Hoping the New Year will give me a minute. Just a minute! c;

Alkorri and nio kasgami like this.
  7. JohnnyR

JohnnyR Dungeon Master Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This. Is. Amazing!

Seriously, thanks a lot. I only realized those noises a few days ago, but only when I had my Headphones on. They're not 100% noticeable (without Headphones), but if one wishes for High Quality, they can be quite annoying.

Great job!  :D

8. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, Johnny R. I also didn't notice it until I wore headphones. But if listening closely, it actually is quite noticeable! Even if the noise is hard to hear itself removing it has really improved the clarity of a number of songs. 

[SIZE=14.6667px]Okay, guys. Huge update. This is the complete audio for the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Games”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] folder that is located under [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“My Documents.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]If you unpack each of these folders there it will replace every file. My next task will be to restore the audio found in the [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“BaseResources”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] folder, but that will take some time of course. Turns out there are a ton of files (there are 218 SEs in this folder alone) and some of them were [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]not[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] easy. [/SIZE]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3jqki6plzk1lj3/Games.rar?dl=0

[SIZE=14.6667px]Some of the sound effects had too much noise; however, and the best I could do was take the edge off those. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]Removed white noise from all audio files[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=14.6667px]Greatly reduced file size. The old folder was 175MB. My repackaging is 68.3MB[/SIZE]

Alkorri likes this.
  9. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you, Ms Littlefish! I happily added this to my project. Kudos for all the hard work! ^_^

10. Maycon Gama Ribeiro

Maycon Gama Ribeiro Heroes Of Equilibrium Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    very best.

11. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French