Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Getting a new error when opening the save menu, or inventory from a new game

Code:
TypeError: Cannot set property 'opacity' of undefined
    at Scene_Load.Scene_MenuBase.setBackgroundOpacity (rpg_scenes.js:728)
    at Scene_Load.createBackground (NonCombatMenu.js:331)

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It was fine when I playtested it, I swear D:

Rolled back to a previous version. Current status: determining where it went wrong xD

edit @Valrix The bug has been squashed, it is now fixed xD

I forgot to link all the scenes back to Menu_Base's createBackground, but since I was testing the last version for compatibility with Yanfly ItemCore, apparently that bug slipped past me... *note to self: test future updates on blank project, even if it's a compatibility fix*

Last edited by a moderator:

Valrix

Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@mjshi Thanks for the quick fix! Now I seem to have all menu options show up in the item screen (Consumables, Key Items, Armor, Weapons) even when I disable one or more.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Valrix I don't seem to have this error. Could you list steps to reproduce this on a blank project?

Valrix

Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@mjshi I figured out that I still was using ItemCore's Scene_Item still which was causing a conflict. Works as intended once I changed it

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly ItemCore must be placed above the Non-Combat Menu to work, since the NCMenu has to detect that ItemCore is being used to give control to it.

Valrix

Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@mjshi When ItemCore comes before it doesn't seem to work. I even made a new project with only the following plugins: MVCommons, Yanfly Core Engine, Yanfly Item Core, NonCombatMenu; but all 4 options show up again :/ I've attached a couple screenshots to show you.

The only plugin options I changed was making CoreEngine show console, removing the gold icon, and not using ItemCore's updated Scene_Item. NonCombatMenu was kept at default settings.

NonCombatMenu.png

Plugins.png

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll check it out, but I don't think a compatibility patch will be out until Thursday at the earliest.

edit: @Valrix actually, I can sort of tell what the problem is. It's because the noncombat menu defers to Yanfly's item core (basically it doesn't create the customizations with item/key item/weapon/armor/gold window/description placement), when Yanfly's plugin exists and is enabled, regardless of if the items screen being used is Yanfly's or the vanilla engine's. You can easily fix this behavior by finding the part that says "if (!Imported.YEP"...etc and change that to "if (true) {" so that the noncombat menu overrides whatever item screen there is.

Valrix

Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@mjshi Ah, I found it. Thank you, that's done the trick.

Percival

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
How can I enter a plugin command in the menu?

I would like to create a voice in the menu that activate a plugin command called "quest call".

Valrix

Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How can I enter a plugin command in the menu?

I would like to create a voice in the menu that activate a plugin command called "quest call".
After noticing my plugin extension doesn't support commands with spaces, I've updated it and improved how it handles them. I've also changed the command structure from "other_PluginCommand" to be "cmd_PluginCommand" (PluginCommand being whatever command you want to call). Now you should be able to have a menu item like "Quests: cmd_quest call" and have no problems :)

View attachment NonCombatMenu_PluginCMD.js

Percival

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
After noticing my plugin extension doesn't support commands with spaces, I've updated it and improved how it handles them. I've also changed the command structure from "other_PluginCommand" to be "cmd_PluginCommand" (PluginCommand being whatever command you want to call). Now you should be able to have a menu item like "Quests: cmd_quest call" and have no problems :)

View attachment 36761
After i open the menu appears "TypeError Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined, say the problem is in the line of "cmd_".

In my game i have this plugins (same order in the game):
- "questsystem" by Vlue

- "YEP_CoreEngine" by Yanfly

- "Noncombatmenu" by mjshi

- "Noncombatmenu_PluginCMD"

Where is the problem? I try to deactivate one for one the plugins and maybe there is a conflict between Noncombatmenu and questsystem. The problem persist even i deactivate questsystem, maybe i wrong to write in the plugin line. I made a screenshot.

rtger.png

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aah, I'll get to this when I get home xD

Valrix, if you want to do this, I would recommend something that interprets a certain character/symbol as a space or something.

edit @Percival What you did there pretty much just wiped the quest call from the face of the earth. Basically, you caused "cmd_quest call" to become " ". I'm working on a fix at the moment. 

edit 2 @Percival I just tested his plugin on a blank project, and it works perfectly fine. Have you tried reordering the plugins so that it's at the top? Otherwise, you can try sending me your project and I'll see what's wrong.

Percival

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Percival Aha, I found the problem. Go to your js\plugins then rename "Menù No Combat.js" to "NonCombatMenu.js". Plugin parameters won't work if you don't keep the original filenames. So basically since you renamed NonCombatMenu.js to Menù No Combat.js, the game couldn't find the file named "NonCombatMenu.js" and wasn't able to read the customizations.

If you want fresh copies, see attached files:

View attachment NonCombatMenu.js

View attachment NonCombatMenu_PluginCMD.js

Percival

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@mjshi Found another problem, if i enter in the quest menù and after i go out from that menu, the game autoclose.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, do you mean the exit button? That does exit the game. Press X to exit the menu.

edit: if that's not the problem just send me the project again. When I tested it everything worked fine.

Percival

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Oh, do you mean the exit button? That does exit the game. Press X to exit the menu.

edit: if that's not the problem just send me the project again. When I tested it everything worked fine.
Here's the link (i remove "sounds" and "img" folder, because it's too weight, it's a blank project but the problem still). Even if i press X the game autoclose. Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fzepbiqib5mvk7n/Project1.zip

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The project you sent me is unplayable since you removed images essential to playtesting. Could you send me the project that you're specifically having trouble with? I could try to work on a solution with the one you sent, but it may not be specific to your situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.
Decided to focus on mapping for once. I've pumped out 15* new maps over the past two days' work, including two larger ones that involved some kinda fancy parallax stuff.

*should actually be 17 by the end of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend20