Primarily Uses

Tiduril

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German, Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hey mjshi!

First let me thank you for your great work! It is just awesome! :)

But i have a little wish: can you add the possibility to use this plug in with the "Item Combination System" from Jeremy Cannady? (

So that it will display the "Combine" section in the Menu. If it is to complicated, than pls ignore my wish :p I have no idea about java, so i can't say if it is just 2 lines to add, or to rewrite the hole plugin. My Idea is to make a "Point and Click"-like game and the combination of those to plug ins would be perfect :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiduril

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German, Dutch
Primarily Uses
wonderful! <3 absolutely working perfect! oh, thank you soooo much :)

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tiduril You're very welcome ^_^

In other news:

Update v1.02 is here!

- Adds support for calling common events from the menu.

NonCombatMenu_PluginCMD.js has been updated in the main post to reflect this change.

newbielol123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's one little problem I see. When I try to use two common event calls in the menu, it only calls one of them even when I select both of those different options. Fix or bug?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That would be a bug. When I added that function, it's supposed to be able to call multiple events (though, looking back, I'm not sure if I ever tested multiple common events). Hang on, I'm taking a look...

edit @newbielol123 I think I've fixed it, but I'm on a different computer and MV, being over a gigabyte, is still downloading and thus this is completely untested. You can still try it out if you want:

NonCombatMenu.js

edit again: Tested, confirmed to work. The dropbox version has been updated, please get it from there instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mis7c4yj18uzb5r/NonCombatMenu.js?dl=1

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @mjshi this plugin was so great. Can i have a suggestion? :)  that when item menu has one option if i show the menu it will direct to the list of the items there's no need to select the ITEM OPTION. Thanks for the response :)

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, then what you need isn't this plugin at all-- unless you still wish to show the gold in the items menu along with the customized tabs...? Nevertheless, I can write something up for you once I get back to my computer.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wooo! Thank you sou much :)  For me there's no problem of the gold in the menu. Waiting for that one. Thanks again :)

newbielol123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That would be a bug. When I added that function, it's supposed to be able to call multiple events (though, looking back, I'm not sure if I ever tested multiple common events). Hang on, I'm taking a look...

edit @newbielol123 I think I've fixed it, but I'm on a different computer and MV, being over a gigabyte, is still downloading and thus this is completely untested. You can still try it out if you want:

NonCombatMenu.js

edit again: Tested, confirmed to work. The dropbox version has been updated, please get it from there instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mis7c4yj18uzb5r/NonCombatMenu.js?dl=1

Hmm I don't know now. It seems like my common events are not even running anymore. I appreciate the quick reply and your effort for fixing this bug but I think another bug arose. Even when I turn off all other plug-ins, it still has the same bug. So the problem isn't my other plug-ins. So probably there's still a bug in the code. I'm sorry, I'm not a Javascript person but I do program in Python and other languages. Right now tho, it's not running any common events anymore. 

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@newbielol123 Can you paste here what you have in the menu order parameter? Because it must be named exactly CEvent_# to work.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahh I see you're using the deprecated version of Plugin CMD. That was written by another user awhile back for 1.01, or maybe even 1.0 and doesn't support the current way things are defined in 1.02a.

Addons

PluginCMD addon Allows for plugin commands to be opened from the menu (thus allowing the implementation of other plugin scenes)

Status Currently deprecated, only works with 1.02, not 1.02a

View attachment 40937

Item Only addon Skips the menu and jumps straight to the items screen

Status up to date

View attachment 44821

I'll have to update that as well, then.

edit deprecated does not mean what I had thought it meant. Please mentally replace with "outdated".

newbielol123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahh I see you're using the deprecated version of Plugin CMD. That was written by another user awhile back for 1.01, or maybe even 1.0 and doesn't support the current way things are defined in 1.02a.

I'll have to update that as well, then.

Oh ok then. Thanks for seeing that. And also, you double posted lol.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm, it doesn't show up as double-posting for me... Either way, I'll get to work on this xD

edit @newbielol123 Here you go, please test it for me ^^ If it works alright, I'll update the main post. Remove PluginCMD from your active plugins and replace NonCombatMenu.js with this new one. The functionality the addon provided was added to the main script (to read more about this, read the help file.)

Also, "cmd_" has been replaced with "cmd=" (for... aesthetic purposes xD), so "Game Manual: cmd_OpenGameManual" is now "Game Manual: cmd=OpenGameManual".

NonCombatMenu.js

edit again @newbielol123 I've bugtested and fixed a couple things, and uploaded the updated version to Dropbox.

Shineedles

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
When trying to download the last addon (the no HP/MP one) it says I don't have permission to downlad?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I suspect it may have something to do with your number of posts (or lack thereof). I'm going to try and get a mirror set up.

For now, just copy and paste this into a text file and rename the extension ".txt" to ".js" and place it your plugin folder. The file name doesn't really matter since there are no parameters.

Code:
/*:
 * @plugindesc Addon to NonCombat Menu to remove HP/MP bars from Status window
 * @author mjshi
 */

var Imported = Imported || {};

if (Imported.NonCombatMenu) {
    Window_Status.prototype.drawBasicInfo = function(x, y) {
        var lineHeight = this.lineHeight();
        this.drawActorName(this._actor, x, y + lineHeight * 0.5);
    };
}

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345