Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
update v1.04
Added support for icons and text alignment.

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A wild MV port appears!
Non-Combat Menu v1.04 (MV)
by mjshi- OK for use in all projects with credit
Get it here! (direct link)​

Introduction
Well, it was going to happen someday. So why not now?

Introducing a sleek, minimalist menu for all your non-combat game needs! Be it survival horror, mystery, point-and-click... the non-combat menu is here for you.

Features
Configurable:

- Configure what can be shown on the menu and what they will be called.
- Configure whether or not to have a gold window, where the window should be, and how wide
- Change what the item menu shows
- Change where the item description box will go

Updates:
- Compatibility edit for Yanfly Item Core. updated to 1.0b
- Added support for backgrounds. updated to 1.01
- Added support for calling common events from the menu. updated to 1.02
- Fixed the common event call to actually support multiple common events. updated to 1.02a
- Integrated the pluginCMD addon onto the main plugin. updated to 1.03
- Added icon and text alignment support updated to 1.04

Screens
(Blank project with some mapping for eye candy)

How to Use
Drag the file into your plugins folder, then configure to your heart's content.
Place below Yanfly Item Core if you have it.

Addons

PluginCMD addon Allows for plugin commands to be opened from the menu (thus allowing the implementation of other plugin scenes)
Status OUTDATED, works for 1.02 and below. For 1.03+, this addon's functionality has already been added to the main plugin and thus isn't needed.
View attachment 40937

Item Only addon Skips the menu and jumps straight to the items screen
Status up to date
View attachment 44821

Remove HP/MP from Status addon Removes the HP/MP/bar from the streamlined status screen.
Status up to date
View attachment 46753

Credit
mjshi

========================================================================================
I wanted to enable and disable menus with a switch :c is there a way?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@EricDias Can't you do it with event commands? Like enable/disable menu access? I think that's on tab 3 of the event command menu.

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@EricDias Can't you do it with event commands? Like enable/disable menu access? I think that's on tab 3 of the event command menu.
Sorry I wasn't very clear on my post. I meant I wanted to lock menus like the formation menu (having it grayed out but unacessable) and not remove the option completely. I wanted to unlock it when a certain switch or common event happens like in yanfly's main menu manager. I noticed they don't work together but it's something I really wanted in my game and I love your menu design... :(

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@EricDias It doesn't have anything like that... yet! I'm adding that feature right now. I was planning to restructure the plugin for MV's new Plugin Manager settings anyway (since the 1.5 update)

edit:

update 1.05 - dropbox - github
- Changed how menu lists are handled, added support for enable/disable and show/hide conditions for each individual menu item
- Shortened CEvent_ID to ce= (don't worry, CEvent_ID is still recognized) for consistency with cmd=
- Added command remembering, no more arrowing down from the first thing every time!
- Added sc= for custom script calls (you can now push in custom scenes!)

Last edited:

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@EricDias It doesn't have anything like that... yet! I'm adding that feature right now. I was planning to restructure the plugin for MV's new Plugin Manager settings anyway (since the 1.5 update)

edit:

update 1.05 - dropbox - github
- Changed how menu lists are handled, added support for enable/disable and show/hide conditions for each individual menu item
- Shortened CEvent_ID to ce= (don't worry, CEvent_ID is still recognized) for consistency with cmd=
- Added command remembering, no more arrowing down from the first thing every time!
- Added sc= for custom script calls (you can now push in custom scenes!)

AWESOME! Thank you so much Mjshi!! :33

harvvvvv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I load 1.05 into my plug-in manager, there are no parameters and the help field is also blank. Is this a bug?

edit - Hmm. Downloading it from dropbox instead of github seems to have fixed it!

Last edited:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@harvvvvv That shouldn't be happening-- can you screenshot your plugin manager and post it here for me?

edit: also here's an image tutorial of how to install plugins:

upload_2018-8-16_16-47-41.png

Last edited:

harvvvvv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed it by downloading the .js file from your dropbox link instead of github. It works great now! Not sure what the issue was before. The two files look identical (and I imagine they are!).

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@harvvvvv Oh, on GitHub you have to do this:
1. Click the "raw" button
upload_2018-8-16_16-56-44.png

2. Right click, save as...
upload_2018-8-16_16-56-57.png

I think you might've saved the webpage (that's what happens when you press CTRL+S on the github page) instead of the plugin, because I downloaded it from GitHub just now and it works just fine ._.

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mjshi could you add an option to have more options in the status menu? like, I wanted to add the attack, defense and luck bar to my status menu.
Is it possible? :o

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@EricDias Are you using some kind of plugin for your attack/defense/luck bar? That sounds like a very specific edit that wouldn't really benefit the public as a whole. I can look into it though, but no promises, sorry :kaoswt2:

EricDias

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@EricDias Are you using some kind of plugin for your attack/defense/luck bar? That sounds like a very specific edit that wouldn't really benefit the public as a whole. I can look into it though, but no promises, sorry :kaoswt2:
I understand!
About using any plugins for the bars, not really, no.

But I was going to use the attack/defense/luck parameters as survival parameters like hunger/thirst/sanity. I know I can do it via events, but I really wanted to have the screen as clean as possible so players could actually find some use in the status menu. I said attack defense and luck parameters as an example because I thought it might be easier to program (not really sure), but it can be anything, really, like a custom variables gauge or something like that!

(Maybe something like this but in the status menu).

I tried YEP status menu core but it dosen't let me remove or hide parameters... pwetty pweeeesseeee :C

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi hi, where can I get the remove HP/MP add-on? The link in the OP isn't working.

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Id like to second EricDias' request. I am working on a survival game as well and this would be beneficial! I was wondering if I could add such things to the status as well, but didn't see a way without messing with the script itself.

Thanks for all the hard work mjshi!

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been a while since I posted, but I got to a point of actually having to equip weapons in my game. Using this menu system will not allow me to equip weapons from it unfortunately. I have the weapon tab turned on, and it shows up, but the weapon is grey and it plays the error sound when trying to equip it. It does however let me equip a flashlight from the items tab(using a lighting plugin). I am not sure if it's a possible conflict with the Active combat system plugin or not, but it works fine when I turn this menu system off and allows me to equip the weapon.

*edit* Nevermind I am an idiot. I wish I could delete a post. I was trying to equip from the "item" menu, and thought turning weapons and armors to true would allow that from there. However I added the "equip" menu below the items option and that brings up the actual equip screen and it works just fine! Thanks for this plugin!

Last edited:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@MaGicBush No problem! I'm glad you managed to figure it out yourself. As for your previous comment, though, would something like that be a max variable vs current variable count or something? Can't promise I'll get something done immediately but maybe later when I have time I can look into it for you.

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MaGicBush No problem! I'm glad you managed to figure it out yourself. As for your previous comment, though, would something like that be a max variable vs current variable count or something? Can't promise I'll get something done immediately but maybe later when I have time I can look into it for you.
@mjshi Yea pretty much. I am wanting to add a hunger meter on the status screen to make it useful. A current variable count vs a max one would work great, or if it's to hard even just showing the numbers would work alright. No rush or anything, it would just be a nice addition :D. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.
I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muhlijem