Non-Combat Menu

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by mjshi, Feb 6, 2016.

1. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    One of the most useful script, thank you!!

2. BunnyNubNub

BunnyNubNub Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    No idea what I'm doing wrong, but it simply just..doesn't work? haha. I'm using the jump right to Item version, tried moving it above all of my plugins, below all of them, under Yanfly, etc etc. It just...doesn't seem to do anything? I also tried disabling all of my plugins aside from my parallax one and even that did nothing. : (

3. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @BunnyNubNub Did you rename the file? If you do that, none of the parameters work. Otherwise, maybe try redownloading it? This is a really weird error though. Where'd you download it from?

4. BunnyNubNub

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It is weird, I agree! I downloaded it direct from this thread, no renaming, instantly put it in my plugins and loaded it up like normal. I made sure it was turned on, tried turning it on and off again(to no avail) and still, it simply didn't seem to affect anything. I tried loading up various other plugins that affect the menus, and they all worked; so it leads me to believe I'm somehow doing something wrong or there's an incompatibility somehow? : (

5. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  6. BunnyNubNub

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It seemed after saving that one, its now fully working! As for the parameters in the other file, they did not show up. I'm still unsure how it got messed up even with a direct download. : ( thank you so much though!

7. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @BunnyNubNub If that fixed the issue, it's possible you simply downloaded it wrong xD On GitHub you need to click raw and then save the file rather than directly downloading anything. Glad it worked out though!

BunnyNubNub likes this.
  8. BITDev

BITDev Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It should be noted the item only version of this menu does not work. I downloaded it directly from your original post and as the post above had problems with, that specific one does not work. The other non combat version does, but not the jump straight to item version. The parameters do not show, either. :rsad:

9. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @BITDev The Item Only addon doesn't have any parameters. Are you talking about the normal menu not having parameters? Otherwise, make sure the item only addon is placed after the Non-Combat Menu. You need both of them for the item only version, so your plugin manager should look like:

NonCombatMenu -- ON
    NonCombatMenu_ItemOnly -- ON

10. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Attached Files:

11. Binel

Binel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @mjshi you have one of the best inventory plugins. I am just wondering if its possible to make be able to resize the windows? like for example, I am in the main menu and the size is short, but when I go to item scene is giant (I dislike the original menu). It looks weird.

I was using https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/jif-grid-inventory.79104/ this plugin (that is really good) and I was thinking is possible to merge the 2. I use it above yours and for some reason the item window used the original size and kind mess up.

The 01 file shows how i look with one above the other and the 02 file without your plugin.

Attached Files:

• 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      80.5 KB
      Views:
    • 02.png
      02.png
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
  12. Daena Grey

Daena Grey Lunatic Warlord Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Greetings! First off, let me say that this Plugin for MV is everything I needed since I have been thinking to devote my time to a brand new Project... Which I got RPG Maker MV for. And I chose to do a Non-Combat Game. Perfect, no? Hail the Master Script/Plugin Lists!

Now, on to the reason I am writing this reply to this thread for, I wanted to ask the following, and I'll try to be simple so I don't confuse myself either.

I'm already in love with your incredibly simple Menu, it's really perfect for the project I am working on, but I stumbled upon this plugin (For the lazy, it's Yanfly's Profile Status Page Plugin) as well so I was constantly asking myself, "Is there a way I am not seeing where I can make those two work, without needing Yanfly's Status Core?"

It would certainly be gratifying to have this combination work out, and forgive my ignorance/complete lack of brains for asking a potentially silly question I should be able to figure on my own through a lot of digging...

~D.G.

13. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Daena Grey Glad to hear you're liking the plugin! How would you envision these 2 working together without Status Core? The current status page is a super mini version, would you be suggesting adding a new layout with support for a description, etc?

edit @Binel whoops, forgot to respond to you! Sorry about that xD Did you try putting it below Non-Combat Menu instead? Does that change anything?
    Otherwise I'll put this on my to-do list as a thing I need to get working. Should be pretty easy, it's just a quick resize c:

14. Daena Grey

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mjshi I've already seen how minimalistic it is through playtesting, that being said, how I originally envisioned those to be working together was a simple call to a scene at the start, then I later realised this would be quite the vexing/Impossible(?) thing to pull off as the scene in question is still Scene_Menu... Or something along those lines. Pardon my inexperience with the pre-built codes. I've examined the plugins though, and I do wonder(Though it might be a better idea to throw the concept of an add-on specific for the Non-Combat Menu as a possible option and suggest it, when I think about it... Less of a hassle?) if it would be possible to simply call the text written between the Profile Notetags the developer has to put in the Actor's Notes in the database, and slap it in a message window placed below the actor the Notetag belongs to, in the Non Combat Menu's Status Scene.

Unfortunately I've less than a clue about how to do something like this. And I also lack the appropriate skills, hence why I am asking for advice to you who made the main plugin in the first place. (P.S. I noticed the plugin literally won't work unless the Status Core has been imported and turned on since it's an extension, but I think it's bypassable with a little editing. I went straight into the codes to come up with this theory, but the result of bypassing the need for the Status Core? That I'm too Code-Illiterate to figure it out in full.)

15. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Daena Grey
    There's a reason that Status Core is required, if you want to use that extension. That's why I asked if you had a layout in mind bc it'd be easier to just replicate that functionality rather than try to import it and disentangle Yanfly's Profile Status Page from Yanfly Status Core. Either that, or you'd have to just replace the status screen here with the one Yanfly provides.

16. Daena Grey

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mjshi I figured there is a reason it is required... I kept double-checking the entire code out of paranoia just in case I made the most wrong of assumptions. As for a Layout, without actually hindering the original purpose of the Menu, I'd go back to the following I kinda have to quote as it's the result that'd be most pleasing to the eye, in my opinion:

So, in short, and in simpler words, a Message window with the option to scroll with the Arrows/WASD keys should the text be too long to be contained in about 4 to 6 rows, and the Actor's Status right on top. That's the kind of Layout I had in mind. I'd be fine with ditching Yanfly's Status Menu and extensions altogether to be honest, since this project I am working on requires much less than what is displayed in a normal menu.

17. anjasa

anjasa Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey mjshi, is there a way to use Yanfly Item Core's Item page, but still have it show the amount of gold? I see that your plugin defers to Yanfly, but I'm afraid my coding is not good enough to figure out how to add in the little gold box.

18. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @anjasa
    There isn't in vanilla, but do you have a layout suggestion for where you'd want the gold window placed? The edit would have to be to Yanfly Item Core and not my plugin, though.

19. anjasa

anjasa Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just having a row on bottom would be absolutely amazing, but as long as people can see the gold, that's all I want :)

20. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @anjasa Sorry for the wait, here ya go! Put this anywhere below Yanfly Item Core.

upload_2019-9-30_16-51-45.png

anjasa and BlueMage like this.