Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I recall there being an option in RPG maker 2003 that had the option to make party members non-combatants meaning they never appeared in the combat mode but remained in the party for other means like over world healing. I could be remembering things differently however.

I can't seem to find an option for this in the default RPG Maker settings, can anyone help me out?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it hasn't existed in the more modern makers for a long time, you'll need a plugin for that.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Tsukihime, the one from Himeworks, had a plugin for that

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the help everyone, I got what I am after. Now I need to figure out why I'm getting crashes when I want party members to move around with SimpleFollowerControl..

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A different plugin? Probably a compatibility issue, as the function that determines who to show as followers references the same function that your new one for non-combat party members would reference (it shows follower sprites for your battlers). My guess is that your follower control plugin doesn't like what the non-combat plugin did with it.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is possible, but I had the control follower plugin tested before getting the non combatant party member plugin and was still getting the same issues.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it hydraex/ossha's?
what command are you using?
and how are you doing the non-combatants by the way?
seriously, you just said "I got it to work", no word on how, but it had problems with "SimpleFollowerControl" which may or may not be the same plugin I am talking about

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was using the HIME_guestfollowers and I was getting confused with the script calls and I found the one that was adding a party member.

But on a different topic I made I was having difficulty getting the SimpleFollowerControl by Karberus prior getting guestfollower.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Had to update on some inconsistencies with HIME_Guestfollowers.

There is the issue with removing guest party members.

For some reason guest party member ID 14 will be removed with this command.
Plugin Command:
JavaScript:
PARTY.removeGuestActor( ACTOR_14 );
But removing actors ID- 8,9 with the same command prompts doesn't have the results I want.
There is also a strange issue regarding the guest follower move commands.
According to the plugin help section:
-- Controlling Guest Followers in Move Routes --

You can use a move route to control guest followers if necessary.

To move a guest, start by writing a plugin command

guest_move_route ID

Followed by a move route command.

The ID means the ID of the actor guest. So if you wanted to move the guest

whose actor ID was 4, you would just write

guest_move_route 4

Followed by a move route command.
Even when establishing the plugin command and setting up the move route command it only follows the move commands but commands such as speed, frequency, opacity and transparency.
I do have Yanfly move route core and Galv Move route extras but even so the script command instructing
JavaScript:
Move To: 11, 24
still works.

Other than these issues it works fine. But I would like the option to have the guest party members also appear in the menu when browsing gear etc. It would be kind of nice to have missions reliant on these guest characters having certain equipment on,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apoorv