Non-Commercial Luna Engine Installation Help

renguro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Hi, I wanted to get a taste of the Luna Engine before I decided to purchase it! Currently my goal is to just change around some colors and put in some pictures to see what happens.

I'm having some issues figuring things out though.

For starters, this is the way that the scripts are listed on the github.
1589530912352.png
This is how I have things set up in the Script editor.
1589531098336.png
Just some preliminary information if I did anything wrong with that.
I decided to playtest just to see what would happen, and got this message.
1589531153775.png
In the :type_1 settings, I didn't have a color1 or a color2 picked, so I chose two of them randomly.
1589531348449.png
Then got this error.
1589531332289.png
From what I can tell, there is a tASSOC in that line, and no \n. How can I fix this?

(I'm very sorry, but bear with me here, I'm trying my best to learn...!)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error in your second image is because you've added the array and effectively given it two values instead of one, which it's not expecting, but you've also not ended each line with a comma.

Code:
      :type_1     =>  {
        :color1   =>  [236,59,59,1], 
        :color2   =>  [67,147,217,1], 
        :vertical =>  false,     # Display the gradient vertically.
      },
Not sure about the first error - I'm guessing maybe you don't have your scripts in the right order, or there's another script you need above all of those. It's saying normal_color isn't defined within the module.

Last edited:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I compare it to my Luna (which I bought) then you are missing essential scripts to make it work.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you only have the configuration then you're missing the foundation scripts for the whole engine. Which you only get when you buy it.
Does that cover it? You can't trial Luna Engine without buying it. I stand corrected by Archeia two posts down. But it is worth it if you are willing to invest the time into it.

Last edited:

renguro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think I understand now. Well, thank you. I think I'll end up buying it anyways, I just wanted to play around with it first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Government : "Hehehe~ I will spread lies that the earth is round so that I could sell globes~"
Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vattitheminish