Non-party member skills available in battle?

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

So I was brainstorming a concept and I don't think their is anyway to accomplish it without a script of some kind. I would also be interested in other possible options but felt this was the best most likely place to post my question.

I have an actor who is not in the party but is the main character. They travel with the party, and are the face of the party for all story related things. They give the party commands in battle that aid the party members via buff like effects.

I am using SRD_PKM_TrainerSprite to allow the main character to walk around maps but this also prevents the main character from being part of the party which is fine because they hide behind their goons and never get attacked. A game over happens if all their allies die.

Is their a way to call an actors skills who is not in the party or perhaps hide an actor during combat and prevent them from being attacked?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzh1703