None of the assests im utlizing in GIMP will load up properly in MZ

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ive just recently started making my own game.( yes im a newb.) And for the life of me,I cant get any of my assets to appropriately load for RPG MZ. I just recently did a map in GIMP and the MZ just turns it into copy images. Not to mention i cant get a single character loaded in. it always tells me Failed to load img/Character/Vehical.PNG. I use PVGames assets. But it seems like i'm missing something that can make them easier to use. most of the plugins used to make them easier to use on RPG maker aren't for MZ. So I'm wondering if anyone can help me. im kinda at a lose right now. the best i can do is keep making maps and characters. But nothing will load properly.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this in the engine, or when you test play?

If it's when you test play, please hit F8 when you get the error, go to the Console tab, and grab a screenshot to post here.

Also a screenshot of your img/characters folder, so we can see the file you're trying to load as well as the full path name in the address bar - don't crop it out or try to hide it.

Finally, what version of MZ are you running? Please get the version from Help > About, and also go to Game > Open Project Folder, go into the js subfolder and open the core.js file and get the version from the first few lines there as well.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello welcome.

It could be the same problem I had a few weeks ago.

I needed to put a transparent background on a PNG image (32-Bits), I used an online editor as it was a quick job.

When starting the game test I returned the same error, to solve it I had to open the original image without a transparent background and do the process in Paint.NET or PhotoShop, I don't remember now.

Sorry if my English sounds confusing, it's not my first language.
Good luck

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ive just recently started making my own game.( yes im a newb.) And for the life of me,I cant get any of my assets to appropriately load for RPG MZ. I just recently did a map in GIMP and the MZ just turns it into copy images. Not to mention i cant get a single character loaded in. it always tells me Failed to load img/Character/Vehical.PNG. I use PVGames assets. But it seems like i'm missing something that can make them easier to use. most of the plugins used to make them easier to use on RPG maker aren't for MZ. So I'm wondering if anyone can help me. im kinda at a lose right now. the best i can do is keep making maps and characters. But nothing will load properly.
regarding fail to load images...
In editor system 1 tab, make sure the vehicles have image sprites associated. Then set the vehicle start positions. If you aren't using or haven't placed vehicles set to none.
rpgmaker_vehicle_1_database_system_vehicles.png

Picture reference from MV but similar sections to look for.

Even if the image was a scrambled mess, it will still load if everything points the correct direction.

As far as maps.. you mention you are making them in GIMP. How are you actually implementing them into your game?
Are you using a parallax plugin?
Please show us some screenshots of the issues.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm actually having difficulties with my USB port so i cant get the images I just took. I am using a Parallax plugin. GALV_layerGraphicsMZ. I was attempting to make it a parallax. as far as the Version Im using it is Version 1.3.3. and as far as the screen shots unfortunatly i cant seem to get them on my lap top. But i can type the error text found in the console tab

XDev KDCore is loaded 2.4.3 PKD_MobileControls.js:322

Failed to load resource: net : : ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Vehicle.png:1

Failed to load resource: net : :ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Actor1.png:1

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://njcannfjdabfmnlmpmdedalopafnhl/js/libs/pixi.js.mp

now that i see that. the VehiclePng and ActorPng i did delete because i was afraid i would get confused sorting through all of the resources i downloaded from PVGames.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i cant get the images I just took

Please don't use a phone camera to take screenshots. Alt+PrintScreen will do it, without cropping anything away.

Your case is not right, and I don't know if it's because you're just typing it incorrectly, or because that's the way the files are named. This is why screenshots are better than you typing stuff.

Try putting them into a brand new project with NO added plugins. See if they work there. That will help determine if it's an issue with your files, or an issue with the plugins.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As far as the map. Im attemping to get them loaded in through the img folder. but due to them being uploaded in a Layer folder which i had to create in order to ensure the parallax would work they aren't even retrievable through that method. so i had to export the file as a character img in order for it to appear. It did appear however the image was repeated oddly on display. and the actual map itself doesnt display properly. is there perhaps a specific way i have to name those files im unaware of?

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
alright hang on. ill try it that way.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
apparently my Map files. those files are too large to process. but here's how it ended up in MZ.

Attachments

• 2021-10-03.png
    2021-10-03.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2021-10-03 (2).png
    2021-10-03 (2).png
    468.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-10-03 (1).png
    2021-10-03 (1).png
    520.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 2021-10-03 (5).png
    2021-10-03 (5).png
    232 KB · Views: 16

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, first step to learn is that for HTML5-based games, you need to follow the networking rules for file- and foldernames. Breaking those rules will always risk those "failed to load" because the browser has problems handling a lot of special signs.

And that includes spaces - see how the default resources use the underscore instead, like !$SF_Gate1.png while your sprite is named "!$Lord Namus idle 1.png"?
Please rename all your files to remove the spaces, and that includes the folders "A Dark Tale" that also contain spaces.

As for the repeating map there are two possible causes for this: either you placed a tilesheet in the wrong slot of the tileset definition in the database, or you made the picture the wrong size for the map.

In parallax mapping it is important that the size of the map (in tiles) in the editor and the size of the parallax background (in pixels) are the same: number of tiles x pixel per tile = pixelsize of background image.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As for the top error messages, they seem rather obvious...there is, in fact, no Actor1.png in your characters folder (it goes from $BigMonster2 to Medieval_Female). We can't see that far down in the folder, but I'm presuming the same is true for the vehicle.

So either put those back from the default assets in your MZ installation folder (newdata), or find what you have in your database that's trying to use them and delete it/change the image.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You probably don't want the ! at the start of that name.
there is, in fact, no Actor1.png in your characters folder
Maybe you've removed the default assets but not removed the default actors, changed the default vehicle, etc? So it's looking for the resources you've removed because you got rid of the files but not any database entries that referenced them.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for you all's Advice. I will let you know if my situation improves or not once i fix all of these issues. My apologies for the confusion if there was any. Im new to all of this. the underscore thing i never even thought about.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I've gotten most of the issues resolved with the game not loading apparently it was a size issue. that problem is taken care of. I have most of the sprites moving rather well in my game. and have added a few plugins since to make them take the animations I need for basic movements. But im having another issue. the game loads up when i go to test it. however it crashes every single time i try to enter the menu. and it is still displaying that it has failed to load Actor1.png.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said multiple times above, you either need to remove all references to Actor1 from the database, or add that sprite to your game.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
as said multiple times above, you either need to remove all references to Actor1 from the database, or add that sprite to your game.
well I,ve already re added the source to my game. Same results. and Ive just deleted the source from my game as well. with the same results.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well I,ve already re added the source to my game. Same results. and Ive just deleted the source from my game as well. with the same results.
That's not possible. If there is nothing in your database that is set to use Actor1, then your game won't have any instructions to try to load it. And, similarly, if it's being told to load it, and the file is there, it wouldn't give you an error that it's not.

You should check your actors and look at their images - note that it doesn't say there in text which file it's using for their image. But if you see an actor that has a blank image, that could have been set to Actor1 and you should double-click into it to check that it's assigned to (None).

The other possibility is if you created an event and told it to use that character for its image.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Another thing you could check is whether or not you have a saved game that somehow needs that file. I've had that happen to me with 'placeholder actors' before.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True - any time you change anything about your game, you should always test by starting a new game, not trying to load a save. But even that wouldn't matter if you actually put the correct file back into the correct place.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you had a saved game where actor1 was used, and you no longer have that sprite, you would need to delete the game from your Saves folder.

But I don't think that would cause this error unless you went into the save/load menu, or chose Continue from the title screen. Going into the regular menu should not cause this.

When you get the error, hit F8, go to the console tab, and get a screenshot to post here. That may give some more information about what is trying to load that sprite.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

In last 5 years, I have bought 4 MSI computer components and had issues with all 4 of them. With two of them these issues were so huge the board was quite unusable. I think it's safe to day it's my last MSI product purchase.
Thanks Thesaurus.com for letting me know another word for 'noted' is 'noted'.
The capital city of Lindenburg everyone. "Capital"

Map043.png
been trying to up my action sequence game and I'm not entirely sure what to do, even with tutorials out there. but I think I'm heading in the right direction with some attacks.
I've started brainstorming an entry for IGMC 2022. One hour of game length and first ten minutes to grab the reviewer's interest. Here we go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoysDontCry