Pyrha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello, I'm making my own game with RMXP and I have trouble with tilesets. More precisely, I don't know how to edit the default tileset to contain an object from other tileset. Also where are the default tilesets? In folder /graphics of my project I see only those tilesets that I added.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also where are the default tilesets? In folder /graphics of my project I see only those tilesets that I added.
The default assets are stored else where in a folder called RTP inside the software's directory (those assets, called RTP assets are only copied into your project when you deploy your project. That way, it saves some disk space while you are working on your project). For example, this is my folder's path on my PC:
Code:
Z:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RPGXP\rtp
It might be on disk C:\ for you though.

As for how to modify a tileset, you can modify a tileset inside the database/tileset section. However, if you want to change the content of inside a part of the tileset, you have to do it with a third party software (people usually use GIMP or Photoshop).

h0tWalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The regular graphics can be found here if it's not in your projects by default:
Code:
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\RPGXP\rtp
Of course, you need to correct it to your actual pathing. If you own any DLCs, it's also gonna be available in the RPGXP folder.

As for adding other items to a tileset, just use gimp (free) or photoshop (paid). You can keep expanding at the bottom of the tileset if that makes sense. You can keep expanding the tileset vertically, but not horizontally. One tileset can contain all the default tilesets if needed, but I advise against it unless it's specifically required.

Also, for RMXP, you have three layers, but you can also use Events as a fourth layer for mapping, just to add the details that you don't manage to squeeze in with three layers.

Pyrha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey. I need again help. I'm using gimp to take some tiles into one tileset, but after I save it it lose transparent background. I extract it into png image and then what should be transparent changes into blue. Am I doing something wrong? Am I saving in wrong format?
|
v here how it looks like after I saved it.
edit: I have to change the name of it because it changed every tile in previous maps ;-;

Attachments

• 026-Castle02.png
    026-Castle02.png
    97 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

h0tWalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I use photoshop, so I haven't used Gimp personally, but it's a popular program for people who don't wanna spend money on Photoshop (as it's crazy expensive). PNG is the right file format, so I'm not sure if there is a setting that fills the void with a random color. Seeing as the color is greenish and not white, it might be something that could be tweaked. I'd advise against just plainly removing the color background as pixels sometimes hug other objects and the shadows also gets the tint of the background color as it's somewhat transparent. So work with the original tiles to combine the tilesets with the transparent background to keep the quality of the tileset as best you can :D

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@Pyrha , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*le typical company rebranding that changes and adds absolutely nothing has arrived
Degica Games has become Komodo! Be sure to read more at the link below.

DarkAdria wrote on  Masked 's profile.
Hello, sorry to bother you. I have tried to send you a private message, but it indicates that due to the privacy settings it is not possible.
Some time ago, I finished my project and made a port for Android. Because the original idea was to play the game with a keyboard on PC, playing it with a mouse caused some bugs. (max 420 characters)...
Another day, Another migraine, I found out that the game is broken about the .... Stuff.... Im not best at coding and, I got this billion error, so no choice, I think the error is from Yanfly's SkillMastery...... Fixing it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnydork