Noob question - How to remove floor tiles?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Jogabba, Sep 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jogabba

Jogabba Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Ok, this should be an easy one. I want to remove A Tiles so you can see the panorama pic. But it doesn't seem like there is any eraser tool or transparent tiles to paint with, at least with the A type. So how can I achieve this?

2. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In some Tilesets there are empty (transparent/invisible) A Tiles.

If missing include one yourself or try creating a new map, rightclick on a transparent Tile switch back to your Map and put it down.

If you have the problem that some autotiles are changing, than press shift button while copying and while pasting the tile, than adjanced autotiles keep there look without changing.

There is a tutorial about shift maping on this forum dont have a link.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
  3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All default tilesets contain a transparent A tile, but with the default transparency color that is sometimes difficult to see.

Go to tools - options and change the transparent color to something like everything 150 or so, then the transparent parts of the A-Tiles become obvious on scrolling the list.

4. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Standard Tileset Field doesnt have a Transparent A Tile, he would need to add an additional extra tile sheet into A including one.

5. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Standard being used pretty loosely, I think all others besides overworld include the transparent.

@Jogabba if you are still around just change map type to anything but over world or add A5 outside tilesheet to the overworld tilesets.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
  6. Jogabba

Jogabba Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thank you all for your response! The shift trick did the thing. Seems like I could have included myself a transparent tile on the A tileset, but I'm kinda lazy for that.