RMMV NORMORT QUEST! by Andronius

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Andronius, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Andronius

Andronius Apprentice Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Synopsis

This is Rune, a realm of incredible beauty, sprawling wonder, mystical heritage and, in some places, ancient evil of unimaginable power. Ten centuries of peace have ruled the land, and the Dark Days are now forgotten. The vast forests and sparkling rivers are full of life, and commerce flourishes. However, a powerful kingdom in the East has raised to conquer, while hordes of evil creatures ravage lands and villages. In the meanwhile, living peacefully and unaware of the vast troubles of the world, there is a young wizard that could change the tide of history…
    for better or for worse.

Gameplay
    • Normort Quest is an old-school fantasy RPG, inspired in the golden classics of yore. With a focus on both Lore and Battle, you'll be forced to think about your choices and plan carefully every move: it's up to you to jump straight into battle, go treasure-hunting, or stay indoors managing your resources, planning strategically your skills, crafting, or just delving deep into the rich lore and secrets of the realm. How your story develops is completely up to you... just remember freedom is a dangerous thing, and every choice has consequences.
    • Recruit 15 different playable characters. With their own unique skills, personality, background, motivations, jobs and specialties, the companions you choose to recruit will help you explore the dangerous wilds, rich kingdoms, unkown ruins and endless caverns across the land, with a promise of danger and glory but... can you really trust them?
    • Customize your own party: There are class talents, subsidiary jobs, rich skill-trees, secret abilities, equipment upgrades, unique hidden items, and many more options for customising your characters. Upgrade your skills wisely, choose strategically, and manage resources cleverly in order to survive...
    • Discover the World. There are so many landmarks you can visit, from lovely little towns to monster-infested labyrinths, and almost each location includes a bunch of hidden items secretely tucked away. Make it a habit to look around everywhere, interact with everything, and speak to everyone: there are many secrets to find, many people to know, and many things to do besides killing monster after monster! Whenever you arrive to a new town, always make it your duty to check every building, Inn, Tavern and Shop for new improved items, rare potions and unique equipment. Whenever you are Questing or Dungeon-Grinding, always keep an eye out for suspicious walls, hidden treasures and secret passages.
    • Battle to Conquer! Surviving the many dangers of Rune is tough, requiring careful management of your gear and clever planning, even when facing the weakest monsters. The refreshingly flexible Turn-based Battle System, coupled with the extensive job and skill system, will encourage you to experiment with different strategies and characters.
    Characters
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Videos
    [​IMG]

Current Development
    [​IMG]
    Pre-Alpha Demo v 0.1:
    Recovering the whole project, destroyed by this problem.
    Once recovered, will tune/work on:

Battle System - Skill Balance (formulae) - Enemy Balance - Framerate Issues
    More maps!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congratulations on fifth place for Driftwoods game jam. Hope the problem gets sorted out soon and do'sent cause too much trouble for you. You should put some screenshots in and a short write up for gameplay, to entice people.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Andronius likes this.
  3. Andronius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :kaopride:Thank u @barnzie8 ! :kaoswt: It'll be lot's of work to get everything working again, but I'm taking the chance to correct the flaws in the original file, skill-tuning, balancing, proofing all texts, lots of stuff. I'm also taking note on feedback from everyone (many great ideas, regarding classes for instance). Got ya: screenshots, gameplay, coming very soon! :kaojoy:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    LxCharon likes this.
  4. LxCharon

LxCharon I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good Job Andronius! Proud of you buddy!

Andronius likes this.
  5. Andronius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  6. AmpalayaJuice

AmpalayaJuice Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just watched the driftwood gaming video! I really want to play it. I hope you recover everything! :)

Andronius likes this.
  7. Andronius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I see you like Shining Force...I like Shining Force, too! (Shining Force 2? Yeah!) Only played it recently. It got on my radar because of the husband.

You definitely have a lot of good things going for your project. It's so beautiful and clearly lovingly crafted. I hope to be as good at making maps as you are some day!

If I can offer a minor criticism, the massive text wall in the beginning of the game in the form of that info orb was a bit off-putting to me. If you could unlock data as it becomes relevant (as you meet people you learn about their class, etc.) it might make it a little less daunting, and let the beginning player get into the action faster. I mean, I guess the orb is optional, you don't have to read it all, but I'm a crazy completionist type person, so I tend to think that if it's there it will be important for me to know. And there were a lot of items you get in the first area, too. I love that you have all the items, but maybe you could introduce them a bit more gradually?

Anyway, that's just my feeling. Please take it with the knowledge that I think you're doing a great job!

Andronius likes this.
  9. RMZenith

RMZenith Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    I don't know why but first reaction of elf ranger and fairy are really funny and weird and cute.

come to think of if druid was something of similar too. what a strange

Andronius likes this.
  10. lobbie

lobbie Warper Member

First Language:
    swedish
    I watched all of the entries for Driftys game jam but I have to say that this one was my absolute favorite :) Can't wait to play it but I might wait until it's been upgraded slightly (I don't mind the balancing but the lag...) Anyways, super great job on this game!

Andronius and AmpalayaJuice like this.
  11. Andronius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :kaopride:thank u guys! Great feedback! I do appreciate you taking the time.

@Llareian Yeaah! I love the Shining Force series! It was my first RPG ever, when very young, so you can imagine: got totally hooked, and lost forever to RPGs LoL. Shortly after, it came Lunar and the FF series, and I was already a little into everything Tolkien and D&D-related... but one never forgets the frist love, right? Hopefully Normort Quest will tell that life-story. Thanks SO MUCH for your great advice and kind comments, they help me a lot to improve and keep going. I love to read you are a crazy completionist type of person like me, because you'll enjoy much the many secrets in Normort Quest. My regards to husband and tell him he has great taste: I'm glad ppl still enjoy the great classics.

@RMZenith :kaojoy: thanks LOL! Indeed they are all a little crazy and very strange in many ways haha

:kaoswt: thank you so much, @lobbie , I feel humbled. @Driftwood Gaming is great, so many awesome tutorials, and Drifty is such a nice human being. Regarding issues, yeah a couple of friends, much more experienced than I, are currently helping me to solve balance and lag issues. I'm impatient to release at least a tester version of the first chapter sometime soon. Wish me luck! :kaohi:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Llareian likes this.