Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Game link, RTP not included (updated 9/30/19): https://www.dropbox.com/s/hq9c80s4m4tci80/Zev's Game (No RTP).exe?dl=0
RTP included (updated 9/30/19): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxd6ntpc15zimsx/Zev's Game (With RTP).exe?dl=0

Explore the World!
Navigate around the world of Northwall by clicking on the arrows.

Demo Video
This is a video demoing one of the boss battles, a "platformer" section, and part of a puzzle.

Creator Walkthrough

Screenshots
1NycXBp.png

ntUzPgj.png
1aaT6Kk.png

vI9ioFz.png
aWnUvgj.png

1BxLFim.png
lovppqY.png
LXEsDjT.png
1wZbUN3.png
TED5NSW.png

6Pby2dT.png

Reviews
A very solid and well-written fantasy RPG... The characters are unique with their own voice, and the plot is streamlined quite nicely... Overall, we highly recommend this game.

Wow, it's so good. I have so much work to do, but I can't put this down... You really have a talent for game making; this is great stuff.

Seriously AMAZING game man, I cannot wait to get to the end tomorrow.

VERY well done. We totally need more games like this one which really feels "complete" for what it is. Challenging combat, smart puzzles, interesting level design, intriguing story telling.

The best thing about this game was the actual gameplay. Dungeons were superbly designed, being interesting and challenging but not too long or tedious. The puzzles in this game were simply amazing in terms of their design.

The battle system is lovely. I never got bored and felt I could mash the attack button to progress. The encounter rate itself was well done.

Characters had personality (especially my favorite bad guy).

The dialogue and story are so much fun. I may have been spoiled by this game! My expectations have been set high for RPG maker games.

Great game, I like the way its so dark yet keeps the old school rpg non realistic feel. Its also cool that the happiest character in the story is Maestro. He kind of keeps the game light hearted in a really dark and depressing story. Really loving this.

Your characters are all very good which really drives the story.

At the end and its easily shaping up to be a 9 or 10/10 game. Easily the strongest RPGMaker Game I've played on the strength of the story alone.
Features
- Completely RTP-free soundtrack (thanks to Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech.com)
- Overhaul to the default TP system. TP is now generated by landing basic attacks or using certain special abilities, and TP is preserved from one battle to the next (up to a maximum amount). Minor characters will get various special abilities that use TP, while major party members get unique mechanics for how to spend it (such as transformations). Effectively, you build TP using lesser abilities in order to spend it on stronger abilities.
- Complex combat. Most enemies will require more thought than "spam attack, spam heal," or "spam the damaging ability, spam heal."
- Complex bosses. The early bosses (up through about the forest) will be relatively simple, with only a couple mechanics to test what you've learned. Each progressive boss will require different applications of your old and new skills, however, and in the later stages of the game, have complex eventing to give them a truly unique feel to their battles.
- Many special skills, each with their own purpose. Your characters will learn at least one new skill with each level, and they will all be relevant - no filler abilities just to make your skill list look impressive. Several skills will interact with other party members' skills, as well - applying a combo of buffs and debuffs will allow for some truly enemy-wrecking combos (for example, give the cleric Scorching Rage, Infusion, Bless, and Angelic Fury, then target an enemy afflicted by Lunar Wound, Heaven's Wrath, Melancholy, Burn, and Holy Fire, and lay waste with Divine Burst for some absolutely face-melting damage).
- Low rate of random encounters. Most dungeons only have 5 random encounters at most - their presence is simply so you can practice with any new abilities you've learned and gain a little bit of money and experience before the next boss. If you have to backtrack or wander around a bit, you won't be stuck fighting endless battles.

Story
A solitary fort in the snowy North of a small continent keeps watch on a cave to the east. 25 years ago, this cave was home to an army of monsters who threatened to spill out and attack, until it was sealed away by a cleric named Galarand. There are no accounts of his journey into the cave or how he managed to stop the monsters, but the fort was built to keep a vigilant eye on the cave should any threat ever arise again.

Save for the occasional stray monster, it has been quiet for 25 years. Northwall continues its vigilance, as well as the tradition of passing on Galarand's clerical teachings. It has been so peaceful that construction has even begun on a new civilian settlement nearby. One night, however, a sudden flood of monsters makes their way into the castle, catching its inhabitants by surprise - how did they get in? Where did they come from? Why are they attacking? Through the confusion, Northwall is laid to waste, with its survivors managing to escape to the nearby civilian settlement.

After a few days, the monsters have not come to finish them off - but supplies are low, and there's not enough manpower to defend everyone when the inevitable attack comes. Worse, their supply line from the port town of Silth has not been seen in almost two months, and it looks like nobody is coming to save them. Making the hard choice to send the lone surviving cleric and two soldiers to a small village south of the mountains called Aylan, the survivors are stuck sitting in the growing shadow of starvation or slaughter, their hopes resting on the shoulders of the young cleric.

Full Credits
All Music by Kevin MacLeod (http://www.incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Songs:
"A Singular Perversion"
"All This"
"Anguish"
"At Rest"
"Atlantean Twilight"
"Awkward Meeting"
"Black Vortex"
"Clean Soul"
"Colorless Aura"
"Come Play With Me"
"Constance"
"Danse of Questionable Tuning"
"Dark Fog"
"Darkest Child"
"Darkness is Coming"
"Decline"
"Despair and Triumph"
"Dreamlike"
"Dreams Become Real"
"Easy Lemon"
"Evening of Chaos"
"Exciting Trailer"
"Failing Defense"
"Five Armies"
"Fun in a Bottle"
"Ghost Story"
"Ghostpocalypse - 6 Crossing the Threshold"
"Gloom Horizon"
"Heavy Interlude"
"Industrial Music Box"
"Lightless Dawn"
"Lone Harvest"
"Lost Time"
"Mistake the Getaway"
"Movement Proposition"
"Night of Chaos"
"On the Shore"
"One-Eyed Maestro"
"Past the Edge"
"Pensif"
"Plans in Motion"
"Prelude and Action"
"Private Reflection"
"Rains Will Fall"
"Road to Hell"
"Satiate Strings"
"The Descent"
"Thunder Dreams"
"Unrelenting"
"Wounded"

Additional edits for looping music by Zevia

Additional Scripts
"Enemy Stats" by Shadowmaster (www.crimson-castle.co.uk)
"Basic Module" by Victor Sant
"Command Change" by Victor Sant
"Direct Command" by Victor Sant
"Ace Core Engine" by Yanfly
"Ace Battle Engine" by Yanfly
"Anti-Fail" by Yanfly
"Gabs" by Yanfly
"Parallax Lock" by Yanfly
"System Options" by Yanfly
"Battle Commands" by Yanfly
"Element Absorb" by Yanfly
"Buff and State Manager" by Yanfly
"Ace Shop" by Yanfly
"Predicted Charge Turn Battle" by Yami
"Order Gauge" by Yami
"Revival Animation Fix" by Yami
"Viewed Battle System" by Jet
"Enemy HP Bar" by Vlue
"Scale Encounters" by Neonblack
"Event Jitter Fix" by Neonblack
"Fixed Pictures" by Seer UK and OriginalWij
"Viewports" by Shaz
"Class Items" by Nicke
"Move Route Extras" by Galv
"Move Update" by Kread
"Common Event Variables" by Hime
"Convert Code: Eval" by Hime
"Custom Page Conditions" by Hime
"Untargetable State" by Hime
"Post-Battle Events" by Hime
"Tile Swap" by Hime
"Refresh Fix" by ShadowLurk
"State Viewer" by Modern Algebra (rmrk.net)
"HP Barrier Bar" by bgillisp
"Map Effects" by Zeus81, licensed under creative commons 4.0
"Fullscreen++" by Zeus81
"Counterattack Edit" by DoubleX
"Graphical Object Global Reference: A Debugger Script" by Mithran
"Multiple Inventories" by Fomar0153
"Animations Over Pictures" by TheoAllen
"Skip Title Screen" by JV Master

Facesets
Jalen
Kii

Additional Sprites
Hokija
Deathswallow
Marquise
Matthew Ashworth
Rajawali
Vibrato
FenixFyreX
hiddenone

Ending Splash Art
Heru Purwanda

Portraits
Fayforest
Blue Rock

Additional Sound Effects
freeSFX (http://www.freesfx.co.uk)

Playtesters
Dalph
Archeia (http://archeia.moe)
Liberty
Matthew Ashworth
Milennin
Indrah
PatrickJFraser
Nerga
Susan
Akemi Homura
Nashthenewb
Methkirito
Stewmega
Amasenpai
Jonthefox
Agnieszka Wheeler
Sean Gallagher
Padr81
Arcter

Voice Effects, Additional Sound Effect Edits, Lighting Effects, Game Design, Story, Battle Design, Additional Sprites, Additional Animations, Mapping
Zevia

Last edited:

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks.

I added in some more content, including a completely reworked introduction (you now get to see some of Northwall's destruction instead of everybody just talking about it), a new battle system, and some better lighting. The transition from the more standard battle system to the charge turn has made re-balancing everything quite the task, but overall I think a lot of enemies have actually become easier. I'm actually worried that a number of the bosses are too inconsequential now, but it's hard for me to tell since I made the game and wrote their behavior.

Would love to hear some feedback from anyone who gets some time to give the game a try - the demo is basically everything I've got playable at the moment, although on my to-do list is re-working the cave and forest to be more intricate dungeons (and to at least have a puzzle or two).

Have a good one!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No replies yet? What a shame...this is a pretty good game.

I like how the characters are well developed (Maestro seems to be a cool villain), how the skills are customized and how the battles require some strategy to win (instead of just attacking and attacking).

I spared Tiliana's life, if I choose to kill her will my decision change something in the rest of the story?And I still can't figure how to open that damned treasure chest.
The mapping isn't that bad, but could be seriously improved, it looks a bit odd in some places (especially in the village and in the forest).

All in all however, it's a good game.

BUGS:

During both the dialogues with Marion (in the village) I can move Kavin, and this mistake messes up the whole scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I spared Tiliana's life, if I choose to kill her will my decision change something in the rest of the story?And I still can't figure how to open that damned treasure chest.
There are two switches to keep track of which decision you made, but for the moment, it will only affect dialogue choices. It would be a pretty major project to add on to my game the additional story branch of whether a primary party member is added in or not. If you choose to kill her, the cutscene will play out a little differently as to how she's spared. When she confronts you in Aylan after resting at the inn, she'll also reference your decision. In the dream, Ben and Rick have alternate ways of taunting you depending on whether you said her life was more important than theirs or not.

I have some plans for a major battle later in the game that will take into account your interactions with party members, though nothing concrete yet. I had some thoughts for Tilana to be forced into a sort of berserk mode against you, for example, and perhaps it's a harder battle if you decided to try and kill her as she's less empathetic to you.

As for the chest, I'm honestly not entirely sure if it's possible to figure out the letter substitution without a longer sentence. If you continually choose the option "study lid," Ben will give progressively more hints on what the answer is. If you do it enough times, he'll basically give you the answer. Although I'm personally a fan of the event reaction from choosing "smash chest." If it turns out the puzzle is effectively unsolvable without the hints, then I will probably add another picture that gives a much better idea of what the password is (probably what the code grid looks like with a letter or two in place).
Thank you for the notes on the bug - there's a parallel process running that tracks your coordinates to know when to begin the cutscene, and the rest of the cutscene was simply part of that parallel process. I've added another page with a self-switch to turn it into an autorun. The second occasion is so the townspeople are moved around seamlessly without the delay of the autorun - but that has also been resolved.

Mapping's definitely my biggest flaw. I'm not sure if I'm ready to tackle full parallax mapping to make it all very beautiful, but I'd like to make lots of things less blocky and square as part of my revamps. Whether that involves some creative tilesets or simply diving into parallax mapping, we'll see. Do you have any ideas for improvements to the village and forest that I can use for my updates to them?

Thank you very much for testing and finishing it up, Clarence - I really appreciate your time and feedback.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Additional story branches would be an awesome addition to the game.

--

I suggest to stay away from parallaxing, at least for now, it requires a lot of time and work, use it only when you are familiar enough with normal mapping.

Just add a little more "random" details here and there (trees, flowers, grass, and other stuff).

Plus, don't create too large maps (the forest is like 70x70...too much if you ask me), just create different smaller sections and connect them.

Here's a couple of good mapping tutorials:

by Indrah

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/61-mapping-in-five-easy-steps/

by Luchino

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/18566-lu-chans-mapping-commandments/

Just follow these useful hints and you're ready to go. Good luck for your project!

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the advice on how to spruce the maps up a bit - it's a big project and something I've been wanting to fix up for some time.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I encrypted the archive - I thought that meant you couldn't access all the data? How were you able to get the map?

I agree that it does look much better, but I really didn't want people to be able to modify the game in any way except for me. Is there some way to better encrypt the archive other than already selecting "encrypted archive"?

Thanks for the advice on how to spruce the maps up a bit, though - it's a big project and something I've been wanting to fix up for some time.
Rpg Maker Decrypter can do this (everyone knows this tool and is 100% legal "if it isn't used to steal and only for learning"). And don't misunderstand me, that shot was done "just to show you how to improve your mapping skills", but I deleted it (since it bothers you), I don't want people to think that I steal other's work. I'm a serious person.

And as far as I know, you can't really protect your game, RM encryption is very basic.

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I revised Aylan's map a bit after looking your suggestion screenshot over a bit for inspiration - do you think this looks more attractive to wander around in?

P0QL9Oi.png

I wanted to get the feel that as you move south, they've done a lot of clearing to get the lumber for the small town (and when I redesign the forest dungeon, I'm hoping to make that more obvious, as well). I also didn't want to put roads in the town, to give it a feeling that it's not a place well-traveled - but at the same time, I liked putting in the darkened, "matted down" grass to indicate common foot trails where the citizens frequently walked. I also thought it would be cool to leave lots of tall grass in the areas that they didn't use. I also really liked your idea of putting in thicker areas of trees instead of the thinner ones I had previously. I don't want it to feel too much like it's in the middle of the forest, but I do like the visual it gets of appearing more "wooded."

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: I revised Aylan's map a bit after looking your suggestion screenshot over a bit for inspiration - do you think this looks more attractive to wander around in?
Certainly yes, add a little bit more of small details here and there randomizing the nature a bit, plus make the ground less blocky. Remember that this is not a city but a village near a forest.

Follow these suggestions and then you're ready to go.

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I decided to go through and fix up the forest dungeon map to be more appealing to wander through. In the process, I also included a new puzzle in a "side room" that functions like a lights out puzzle (turning one off turns all the others around it on and vice versa, the goal being to turn all of them on). Next stop will probably be to create more equipment so I can provide a more fulfilling reward for completing the puzzle - currently a chest appears that, when you open it, says, "PUT SOMETHING IN HERE."

For curiosity, here's a sample of the new forest maps compared to the old:

New Maps

I9if9yS.jpg
Old Map

s8S7F7q.png

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The newest build of the game is now up!

Updates since the last version include:

- A new puzzle in the cave

- Some ability and balancing tweaks (the forest boss, the cave boss, and the fight in Aylan should now be more difficult)

- A few new weapons, armors, and items (namely rewards for completing the new puzzles)

- A new puzzle in the forest

- The forest map has been completely redesigned. Instead of one 74x74 map, it consists of a handful of mostly 17x13 maps that are connected to each other. It's been prettied up a bit, as well

- Aylan has been remapped to be more visually appealing

The game is also no longer encrypted. Since it will not be a commercial game, I've decided to make my work freely viewable and editable. I only ask that nobody use anything in my game for their own work without asking me first, please.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's the LT for Northwall! I enjoyed it :'D

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Bug Reports :

- Able to move during cutscene with Rick and Ben on world map before going into Northwall ruins.

- Game crash after a battle with one snake in forest. Caught it on video, but for now I'll just explain. I finished beating the snake, the battle rewards finished, then it began giving me rewards for defeating two snakes and then just crashed. No error pop-up, either. I figure I'll wait until this is sorted before doing more of the LP/T.

LT/P

Part I

Part II

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Ksi!

Thanks very much for giving my demo a try. I haven't touched the game since last October (real life and all), sorry I didn't get to you much sooner. I used to check up on my game more regularly, but haven't much looked at the forums recently.

Issues first: not sure why taunt doesn't draw the enemy's attention. It increases TGR rate by 1000% - do you happen to know if that doesn't mean, "Enemies are 1000% more likely to target this character?"

Thanks for pointing out the issue with moving while Ben and Rick are talking to you outside the ruins. There are a number of events in the game that are running a parallel process to check your X and Y coordinates before triggering an event (mostly in large areas where it wouldn't be very feasible to make a line of copied events that triggered on touch). However, it seems you can't make the player wait during parallel processes. I went through and made it so that the trigger for the dialogue is a parallel process, but it immediately leads into an autorun so you can't move around. I made this fix to a number of places, but it looks like I missed that one. Got it fixed up now.

Now the big, game-crashing one... The snakes.

I honestly have no idea went wrong with them. Archeia did a Let's Try without issue, and all of my own runthroughs have never encountered that problem. The particular troop you were fighting only has a single condition on it, related to a party member you don't pick up until later. The enemies are otherwise no different than any other enemy.

I've had that particular crash happen once before to me during a runthrough, and it was on the spider. You can see it in my "known bugs" section, but I can't seem to replicate it, so I'm not sure how to pinpoint what's causing the issue. My *best guess* is that it has something to do with the DoT from holy fire killing the last enemy in a troop. When watching your video, the initial damage of holy fire doesn't kill the snake, but then it dies a moment later. The only DoT that was on the snake would then be the holy fire DoT, so I'm wondering if dying from poison/bleed/etc. damage causes it.

If that's the case, it probably relates to one of my battle scripts (maybe Victor Sant's custom slip damage). No updates have been made to the script since I last used it, though, and I'm not particularly adept at scripting, so I'm not really sure how to fix the problem.

Here is the snake page and snake troop page, as well as the holy fire state page:

For now, I've decided to disable the DoT from holy fire just in case that is, in fact, the problem (and increased its damage a little bit to compensate). I'm very sorry you had the crash happen, and I apologize that I'm not exactly sure what's going wrong so I can subsequently fix it. I promise it does seem to be a rare circumstance that leads to the problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Now on to the good stuff!

I'm enjoying your narration. It seems like most people I've listened to try my game put on sort of snarky or comedic voices when they read the characters' voices early on in the game, but seem to grow more serious as time goes on. I can only hope that means they're getting more wrapped up in the story. I was a little curious why all the Northwall citizens are hick-as-Frick Americans, but I thought it was pretty funny. I think you've got a good spin on most of the characters from what you know about them as you meet them - I like your Maestro.

I also really liked your discovery about Rick and Ben's experience. It was, in fact, there as some foreshadowing for the people who noticed, but you're the first one to say anything about it to me.

I really loved watching you figure out the treasure chest puzzle, and I'm very pleased to see that there is, in fact, enough information for people to figure it out. I had a big smile on my face when I heard you have your epiphany and start filling in all the blanks. You seemed so disheartened to "only get a mace" for it, but I was hoping you'd also notice that you get more experience for completing the puzzle than you would for killing the boss. In fact, all my puzzles/events reward experience for completion (just as jumping across the platforms in the cave did). If you still think the reward isn't high enough for the time it takes to solve, however, let me know.

I'm glad you've been able to figure out the little nuances to the battles, too, such as using impale on the bats. I tried not to bash the player too hard over the head with tutorials, and was hoping that the first three battles in the game would establish, "If the regular stuff doesn't work, try one of your other abilities." I haven't had enough testing to know for sure whether the battles and bosses are too hard or too easy, but you're progressing through at about the level I'd like players to (so far). Archeia was able to finish her Let's Try without getting a game over, as well, so as far as I know, it's on a good path at the moment.

I'm reuploading the demo with some fixes, including taking out what I think caused your game to crash. I'd really love to see what you think of the rest of the demo (was so sad not to see you try out the forest puzzle, see your decisions at the end of the forest, your reaction to some of the events that follow...).

I like your suggestion about changing the end of the cave sequence to be more zoomed in and have a separate map just to show Kavin/Quincy standing in front of the collapsed rubble. When I finally get around to coming back to work on the game, that may be something I'll tackle before I work on anything else.

And as a final note, I really loved your exclamation during the worm fight of, "WHOA WHOA WHOA.. WHOA... CALM.. THE Frick... DOWN!" You'll be happy to know I've lowered their breath damage a bit.

Changes Made Since Last Update

- Fixed a bug where "Ogre's armor breaks!" would sometimes display after the ogre battle.

- Fixed some tileset issues allowing the player to walk over walls they shouldn't.

- Fixed an event bug where you could leave the Northwall settlement at night, before you were supposed to (potentially game-breaking bug, beware!).

- Fixed an event bug allowing you to move around during the dream sequence when you shouldn't be able to.

- Changed Tilana's abilities so that, instead of a scripted reduction of 15 TP for each action in transform, each ability simply costs 15 TP. This also means her "special" menu will cost TP instead of MP while in transform.

- Reduced the 20% damage bonus the red and blue worms' AoE abilities gain if used on players with the corresponding state (I.E., fire breath will no longer gain a 20% damage bonus against actors affected with freeze).

- Lowered bleed damage from 12% MHP to 9% MHP.

- Disabled the DoT effect from Searing Light (holy fire). Increased searing light's initial damage by 15 to compensate for now.

- Fixed a parallel process bug that allowed you to walk around during the "Ruins" conversation with Ben and Rick.

Reactions: Ksi

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
when liberty told me that this was updated, I ran here like crazy to download but then she was like, nyuu it's just a bug fix. I was a sad panda.

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when liberty told me that this was updated, I ran here like crazy to download but then she was like, nyuu it's just a bug fix. I was a sad panda.
Awww. Well, don't I feel like an ass now.

Very sorry I haven't worked on it in such a long time. I have the exteriors completed for the two forts (the next step in the story), but that was the last thing I did before real life took over. I also got into the (EDIT: can't tell you what game it is due to the NDA) beta, so I've been toying around with that when I'm not working or spending time with my girlfriend. I kind of forgot about my project for quite awhile, but I'm doing some VO for Artbane and that got me to looking around the forums again.

I'm starting to feel the itch to begin work on this again, though, especially after watching Ksi's Let's Try. I've also got a handful of music I never got around to using, and listening to it just reminds me how much I want to create the associated areas.

I'm also trying to make sure that what IS done so far is well-polished, so I keep going back and making little fixes and adjustments to stuff.

I'll probably take a look at doing some more work on mapping this week when I'm finished with my audiobook work each day. I've got some recording and editing to do for Artbane, as well, and I have a sketching project I'd like to work on here and there. My current audiobook should be finished roundabout mid-May, so I'll probably have some more spare time after recording auditions each day.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please finish it pal, I like it and Archeia loves it particularly, you should be honored because it's hard that an RM game catches her attention.

Follow my suggestion and don't waste this occasion.

Good luck for all your projects!

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be honest, I really love writing dialogue, character interaction, cutscenes, interesting monsters to fight, hunting for the right music, finding the right loop points for it, even creating fancy lighting parallaxes... Really almost every aspect of making a game.

The one thing that really bogs me down and causes me to work slower than I otherwise would is mapping. I really hate creating the backgrounds for my areas, much as I love filling them with everything else. It's especially hard because I haven't developed the eye for maps that so many members of the community appear to, and it's often a quick criticism I receive about my game - boring maps. Sometimes I feel like, even when I put in a lot of time on them, there are just too many things I didn't notice or consider that everyone else is going to point out. The little nitpicky things that really give maps life and make them interesting to wander around and explore feel a little too tedious for me to be enthused about.

That being said, I have started work on the game again. I've been trying to figure out how to solidify the manner in which the story progresses for the next area, and I'm just trying to build up the enthusiasm to map out the area. There's also a major mapping project for the following area, as it's the only actual city in the game instead of towns, forts, or dungeons, and that's been pretty daunting.

The current area I'm working on is, effectively, both a dungeon and a town, then the next area will be the big city and its accompanying dungeon, then there will be the final dungeon and boss. So if it's any reassurance, the game is probably around 40-50% complete, not including any extra time spent polishing things up after I get them created.

Worst case scenario, I'll just make some really simple, ugly maps for myself to finish the rest of the game, then go back and pretty them up before releasing it.

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks.

I've been hard at work on my project when I've finished being hard at work on my job for the last several days and I just wanted to pop in with a little teaser of some new animations I created.

Those of you who've played my demo will recognize Tilana's transform skill, but you'll hopefully notice the "glowing light" that kickstarts the animation is now cooler because it has 100% more wolf. A new ability that's been added to Kavin's holy list is Angelic Form, and I'm showcasing the animation for that in this video, too.

If you'd like to see what else I've been up to on my demo that isn't included in the current release, I make updates to my original post under the "Change Log" section whenever I'm working on the project. You can also see what I have setup for myself in my "To Do List."

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
wut? Kevin is an angel? Anyway, this is really neat...I love it.

Good job.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JegueAvapor