Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because Yanfly wants 1$ for plugin that allows player to eval JS in message box so I decided to write my own alternative for it and I was successful, now I want to use that function to write my own aftermath results plugin and so far I managed to implement in it:
obtained gold
obtained exp
obtained items

What It lacks is when player/party member(s) is(are) leveling up to show learned skills. Is there any kind of nice and script call to display message like this:

Player A gained Level X:
- Skill A was learned

Player B gained Level Y:
- Skill B was learned
- Skill C was learned

etc.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's cheap, and this depends on how you're pulling it off, but to capture the skill id, you could alias Game_Actor.prototype.learnSkill(id)

And inside of it, you could get the name of the skill learned by using
$dataSkills[id].name

That would give you access to the name of the skill at the time it's being gained.
Inside of there, you could add protocol for printing the skill message

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's not quite what I needed, but you gave me idea to alter default skill learn system. It will take a while to make it, but on paper looks awesome, it's not new idea, but it worked in Gothic. ;]

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! you could also play with the findNewSkills() method:
Code:
Exemple:

var lastSkills = this.skills(); //store actual skills of Game_Actor before Lv Up
this.levelUp(); //Leveling up
this.findNewSkills(lastSkills);  //return an array containing the new skill(s)

*this would refer to Game_Actor.prototype
Good luck!

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you @TSR, but I skip this in aftermath, I make learning skills like in Gothic, with teacher through battles.
While I was playing with my daughter, youtube (like a magic) started a video about RPG Maker Games "Why it's hard to sell them". So I need a few days and rethink my game. (Not entire game, but some game mechanics).

Reactions: TSR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...
There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryodo