Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! :kaohi:

I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace. Just bought it from Steam. When I play it from the folder itself (RGSS3 Player), it worked. But when I playtest, the program starts to show "Not Responding...".

I appreciate the help
- smhaaokir

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm. Does it start at all? I know with my game it did that a lot, but eventually started. If it's just slow, it might be that your game is just too big for your computer to handle.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Additionally, if you check "Initialize MIDI at startup" in Database > System, it might require some time to boot up.

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm. Does it start at all? I know with my game it did that a lot, but eventually started. If it's just slow, it might be that your game is just too big for your computer to handle.
It does start if I play through the ".exe"(?)/player in the project folder. But it show "Not Responding..." when I playtest through the maker itself and stays that way, so I have to force close it.

Additionally, if you check "Initialize MIDI at startup" in Database > System, it might require some time to boot up.
I did not have that checked but when I tried that, it seem to take really a long time and ended up showing "Not Responding..." too.

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm. How long do you keep it open for before force closing? Few seconds, few minutes?

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm. How long do you keep it open for before force closing? Few seconds, few minutes?
Well, it starts to not respond instantly without the game window show up. I waited only for a few minutes before I decided to force close it.

Edit: It seems like the actual problem is saving the project. But it seems to save completely after I force close the program. I still need help.

Last edited:

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are you using the Steam version? Because it sounds like it.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then you might really want to disable Steam Cloud for RPG Maker, otherwise you have to wait until the whole project is uploaded to the cloud before you are able to save it, which is very annoying and takes a very long time. That, or you can run the Steam in offline mode when using RPG Maker.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh - yes, disable Steam cloud. In addition to the above, you risk getting your project completely corrupted due to syncing issues. Save your project somewhere completely away from any Windows folders (so not in My Documents or Program Files), and away from any utility that does an automatic online sync (dropbox, onedrive, etc). Use those to make a backup of your project if you want to, but do not put your working project in them.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as the posters above said you need to disable steam cloud in the Ace program properties of steam to prevent the editor from trying to upload the entire project on each attempted saving.

however there is an additional step if that cloudsave had been at least partially complete to fully disable that.

Go to file - manage projects in the menu and check if any of your projects are registered to the cloud and if yes, delete them from the cloud there.
(this menu option only exists in the steam-Ace, not in the standalone, and manages both steam cloud and steam workshop)

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh - yes, disable Steam cloud. In addition to the above, you risk getting your project completely corrupted due to syncing issues. Save your project somewhere completely away from any Windows folders (so not in My Documents or Program Files), and away from any utility that does an automatic online sync (dropbox, onedrive, etc). Use those to make a backup of your project if you want to, but do not put your working project in them.
as the posters above said you need to disable steam cloud in the Ace program properties of steam to prevent the editor from trying to upload the entire project on each attempted saving.

however there is an additional step if that cloudsave had been at least partially complete to fully disable that.

Go to file - manage projects in the menu and check if any of your projects are registered to the cloud and if yes, delete them from the cloud there.
(this menu option only exists in the steam-Ace, not in the standalone, and manages both steam cloud and steam workshop)
Hmm... I'm still clueless. How do I disable Steam cloud?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I disable Steam cloud
open steam
right-click on the library entry of Ace there
click on properties
somewhere in those tabs there is the option to disable steam cloud (and you can configure a lot of other things there, like chosing the editor language and more)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
somewhere in those tabs there is the option to disable steam cloud
Just checked. Steam is different now. Sort of cool update. The steam cloud option for the program is under updates tab.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinseltownie