slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Was wondering if I could get some help with this. I don't know all of the tricks and stuff to make a more interesting UI.
Here is what my battle systems look like in my game:
unknown.png
Other than the battlers, the ui in the battle looks too basic, how would I go at making this better? Thanks for the help in advance.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It's gonna take scripts to modify the UI.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@slickdeath97 if you take a look at the project in my signature you can see an example of completely different UI, however, in order to code a different UI, you should be very specific when it comes to requirements. There is no way to do something different without knowing what it supposed to contain.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are battle scripts that do this. Not sure if you could incorporate them without changing the battle mechanics you already have.
MOG hunter battle scripts is one, Luna engine is good but takes a lot of work and ruby coding to make it work.

And yes like Heirukichi says, you need to say how you want it, otherwise look for battle hud scripts for vx ace in google and see what you can find.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
grab a graphic program, doodle a mockup interface to the best quality you can manage, and then split that into individual objects.

you can basically build anything you want through programming..... but if you don't define what you want, you'll be coding useless objects.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are battle scripts that do this. Not sure if you could incorporate them without changing the battle mechanics you already have.
MOG hunter battle scripts is one, Luna engine is good but takes a lot of work and ruby coding to make it work.

And yes like Heirukichi says, you need to say how you want it, otherwise look for battle hud scripts for vx ace in google and see what you can find.
I want to try using HUD, but I want it to also keep a bit of an old school battle feel to it. If that makes since.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It does make sense, but you're going to have to get specific, very specific, to start making it.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're asking an artist to design a UI mockup for you, not asking a script (yet).

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeymastermind